Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I make other vampires?  (Read 2085 times)

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile
Can I make other vampires?
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

Hello all,

So I accidentally became a vampire by killing one, entered some water to fill up my bag, then drank the water laced with vampire blood that had washed off my clothes.

I've fed on humans but I don't think they have or will turn, is there a way to make other vampires?

cheers,
Scott

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Can I make other vampires?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »

I dunno, man.

BUT an idea for a !!SCIENCE!! experiment came to me:

STEP ONE
Make an adventurer.

STEP TWO
Retire him/her.

STEP THREE
Make another adventurer.

STEP FOUR
Make the second adventurer a vampire.

STEP FIVE
Bite the first adventurer.

STEP SIX
Die/retire the second adventurer.

STEP SEVEN
Get the first guy back in business and see about that vampirism.

For maximum certainty, give them crazy low disease resistance

Never mind. People become DF vampires from drinking vampire blood.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »

I actually have an idea. Do the towns actually drink from their wells or are those wells just decorative? If they actually drink from them, you could just anger the villagers till they cut you some, bleed in their well, and then run.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

great idea, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:39:47 pm »

I think you can store blood in containers for drinking, because I remember doing so with goblin blood. I also recall this blood not freezing in cold weather, so this might or might not be a drunken half-memory of an old modded-to-hell world.

If I'm right, and even if I'm not, here's what you could do.

1)Acquire hematophage blood at your own discretion.
2a)Store hematophage blood in container. Multiple containers are advised)
2b)If somehow unable to container pure blood, dip blood into water source and store contaminated water.
3)leave blood-borne hematophagy vector in a lair to ensure it stays exactly where you left it. Retrieve as another adventurer and consume.
4)alternately, recruit companions, give them contaminated water or leave such on ground, and use DFhack's bodyswap command to take control of them to spread the contagion.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:38 pm »

blood in a bag is how my dorf became a vampire.  I've ran into a little problem trying to find a well in the human towns, they were not overly happy with me feeding on them while they slept, so all humans attack on site now.  not a big issue, just have to find some elves now.

I guess kills as a vampire all count as notable.  I have about 300, and about 50 include cats/wildlife

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:02 pm »

I do know you can transfer the werebeast syndrome. during an experiment while i was transformed, i went to a human fortress and proceeded to bite a bunch of them till they bled, got out of site "get it", then waited an hour and came back to a bunch of fully armored neutral werebeasts. The coolest unexpected side effect of this was that not only did i transform the soldiers, but their ARMOR transformed to fit their size (and mine) as well. killed a couple, now i have an armored werebeast of death. kind of tempted to turn an entire towns populace into werebeasts lol. "oh what a cute little girl you are...umm...why are you eyes glowing? OH GOD!"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

You can't make vampires in adventure mode because NPCs don't drink in this version.  As in, they don't drink anything ever.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

NPCs are half camel!  IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 12:34:09 am »

Dang, why havent the dwarves figured out how to not drink, humans get it the best lol
To the beer!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 04:29:37 pm »

Dang, why havent the dwarves figured out how to not drink, humans get it the best lol

Those poor poor souls. Never able to enter the sweet embrace of alcohol, forced by society to keep their beards trimmed or cut off entirely, they even live entirely above ground! Always at the mercy of the great gaping sky!

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:54 am »

Dang, why havent the dwarves figured out how to not drink.
I suddenly have a urge to sig this,as my first sig can I have your permission and can you walk me though it?