Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story of A Dwarf: Community Edition!  (Read 875 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
Story of A Dwarf: Community Edition!
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:11:24 am »

Welcome to My First Game;
Story of A Dwarf: Community Edition!
How is the Game Played?
In this game, I will start us off with the scenerio we (I will decide the first one) choose. Should we die, we can start it up again, just in a different scene. Basically, you guys (the players) decide to make the decisions of our charcter through out his life span. I will take majority vote on what he will do. This will require communication, teamwork and civil arguments. Examples of a decision: "You're character runs into some mushrooms, but he doesn't know what they are. Eat 'em?" Things come into factor like "Should we eat them? Our hunger is low but it is dangerous, and we are out of food stocks..." "Should we keep looking for other potential sources?" "Maybe we should only eat a small amount and see if it has any side effects!" etc. I will make a format to keep you all updated, including a UI (forum edition! :D) that has a map and your overall status. Oh yes, and you are a dwarf so remember you're pretty small! And you're not a huge fan of water either!

How is the Game Determined?
I have taken it upon myself (as a little fun project) to write a couple of programs to run a bunch of equations that use that factors I base the game off of. Like combat; If you have 12 stregnth and you're trying to kill a bear with 30 stregnth, the damage you deal will be less, it can pin you down easier, you can't really do much do it. Unless, you suddenly have a knife! It's sharp, so it can be Slash+50. That combined with you stregnth has a certain value that emits the potential action you can do to this bear. That is just an example of how the game works, I have similar equations for food, sleep, health and other necessities.

Rules
1. Please, take this a bit seriously. Nothing like, "I build a jetpack out of sticks and leaves to fly to the moon and colonize it."
2. Refrain from insulting others. This game will require teamwork, so do some research before you make a decision!
3. Remember, I don't make any decisions. It is all run though a series of equations, unless it's something basic that I can just use basic common knowledge to decide.
4. Majority vote for a move wins! No complaining about it.
5. There are no "re-do's." Iron-Man mode, bro!  8)
6. Follow the format on a move decision. I will post it farther down this 'ere OP.
7. Read the rules.
8. Follow the rules :P

Anyhow, let's get this show on the road!

You wake up in a clearing of trees. You don't know who you are, where you are nor how you've gotten there. You are in a loincloth next to a small puddle of muddy water. As far as you can see, there are trees everywhere. What do you do..?

Code: [Select]
Current status:
Hunger: Satisfied
Thirst: Quenched
Energy: Rested
Health-
Wounds: Light Headache
Time: Dawn

Inventory-
Loincloth^V*
Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, that's the first post. Basically, the proper way to post a "move," is to bold what you actually want to do, and everything else is just you speaking. Only bold your suggested move. The inventory is going to take a lot of symbols, and I will post the guide here. The map is everything you see, black being undiscovered. The red star is your location.
Inventory:
^: On your upper-body
V: On your lower-body
<: On your left leg
>: On your right leg
.:On your right foot
,: On your left foot
":On your right hand
':On your left hand
():On your head
#:On your back (like a backpack or a sling)
!: Carrying
*: Equipped/Wearing
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Story of A Dwarf: Community Edition!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:37 am »

Head North-West, it looks like the clearing extends that way slightly.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread