Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [s]68 Adult Dorfs, 84 Children[/s] 38 and 98  (Read 2392 times)

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: 68 Adult Dorfs, 84 Children
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 09:21:53 am »

Sweet mercy, you've been working this fort for how long?

It's been going around 12 or 13 years now. Some years I get more FBs, some years less. I never worry about them because I don't use the caverns for anything. Tree farms and underground plots are good enough for my dwarves, and I tap rivers for water.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [s]68 Adult Dorfs, 84 Children[/s] 38 and 98
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

Open creature_standard.txt, replace the Dwarf [CHILD:12] tag with [CHILD:6]. Dwarves will now start working at the age of six.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:50 am »

Open creature_standard.txt, replace the Dwarf [CHILD:12] tag with [CHILD:6]. Dwarves will now start working at the age of six.

I'll do that when I get past playing vanilla. For now, I want to take DF on its own terms, not mine.

Thanks though. I'll keep it in mind for future forts where I want other challenges to deal with besides crummy overpopulation of useless mouths.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:43 am »

Thanks though. I'll keep it in mind for future forts where I want other challenges to deal with besides crummy overpopulation of useless mouths.

The solution is to somehow make it possible to remove mouths, like Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 [2]