Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3DS or PS Vita? - Chose PS Vita! Now What Games?  (Read 2020 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS or PS Vita?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:32 pm »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »

The Score as of Now - Edging towards Vita
Vita --xxxlxx--- 3DS

Cladun and Unlosing Ranger. What be these?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »

I vote 3DS
It's FEF, not FEOF

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »

Just as a note, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on 3DS, and since you said that's ab ig deal, monster hunter 4 is only coming out on 3DS as well. Not even Wii U. Presuming it comes to american shores anyway.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »

I would have to go with 3DS since it seems the most likely (well pretty much only) platform another Advance Wars will come out on. If another Advance Wars ever comes out again.

Aside from that, Monster Hunter is a pretty big pull, along with Pokemon and Animal Crossing if you're into them (you never know). Fire Emblem Awakening is much better than Shadow Dragon (the DS one) in my opinion, so it's also worth looking at. Etrian Odyssey 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are JRPGs by ATLUS, pretty tough and not for everybody, but quite good. So.. 3DS.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 10:37:06 pm »

Etrian Odyssey 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are JRPGs by ATLUS, pretty tough and not for everybody, but quite good. So.. 3DS.
pretty tough and not for everybody
pretty tough
That's just my style.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 11:47:14 am »

The last Advance Wars wasn't ever released in Japan (I'm not sure why - apparently it's possible to hack the US release into Japanese), so it seems unlikely that another will ever be made.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:21 pm »

The last Advance Wars wasn't ever released in Japan (I'm not sure why - apparently it's possible to hack the US release into Japanese), so it seems unlikely that another will ever be made.
That's disappointing. Another thing I just thought of is that I can actually just play 3DS games on my computer. Yeah I think I'm just about sold on the PS Vita.

FAKEEDIT: Yup. Vita it is. New topic now! What games should I get for it? What games does it come with? Anything I should know to get the most bang for my buck?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS or PS Vita? - Chose PS Vita! Now What Games?
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

I own the MGS HD collection for it, that's about all I play. Also consider Munch's Oddyssee and Stranger's Wrath, maybe some old PS1 games if you're so inclined. I play a lot of MGS1. Those aren't strategy games but I enjoy them, I can tell you that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »

I've only heard two things about the Vita recently:
1. Persona 4 Golden is apparently the best (or close to best) game the Vita has.
2. People arguing about dragon's crown ( I think thats what the game was called?)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 06:42:21 pm »

I own the MGS HD collection for it, that's about all I play. Also consider Munch's Oddyssee and Stranger's Wrath, maybe some old PS1 games if you're so inclined. I play a lot of MGS1. Those aren't strategy games but I enjoy them, I can tell you that.
YOU CAN PLAY MGS ON THE VITA? *mouth waters in anticipation* What about Peace Walker?! *holds breath*

Yeah ignore my stupid strategy games comment. It's not a guideline. Just tell me about cool stuff that you cool people play.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 06:46:30 pm »

I'm going to assume you can play all downloadable psp games on the vita as well, was peace walker on the psp? (If I'm wrong there, I don't know anything else to say here)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »

Peace Walker is on the PSP.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:44 pm »

You can play Peace Walker on the Vita, and there are roundabout ways of getting the HD collection version from the PS3 onto the Vita but that seems like a lot of work. You can also play Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus, as well as GTA Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. The usual suspects, as you can see.

Hell, if there's any old PS1 game you liked you can probably play it on your Vita. I nearly bought Crash Bandicoot Warped the other day, same with Abe's Odyssee/Exoddus (there's an HD collection of that coming soon to the Vita).

The game that I really, really wish they would release on the Vita though is Timesplitters 2, perhaps as part of an HD collection. With online play.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:58:20 pm by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 [2]