Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3DS or PS Vita? - Chose PS Vita! Now What Games?  (Read 2022 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
3DS or PS Vita? - Chose PS Vita! Now What Games?
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:10:36 am »

Convince me of one or the other. Tell me about PS Vita games. I like strategy games and stuff with replayability but any cool stuff is totally fine with me. QUICKLY. THERE'S NO TIME.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:25:27 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS or PS Vita?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:04:19 am »

PSP and Vita are where the NISA ports are mostly at right now if you're into the Disgaea/Cladun/Unlosing Ranger strategy RPG silliness. DS has some shallow-but-okay strategy titles like luminous arc and pokemon conquest, but I haven't kept up with 3ds releases

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:12:57 am »

Probably the biggest incentive for me to get a 3DS is for Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's pretty much nothing else on there for me (I don't like Pokémon). The biggest reason for me to get the PS Vita is for Disgaea (huge FFT fan) and Monster Hunter (I think? or is that DS?).

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:57 am »

The Vita is basically just an accessory for the PS4.

That said, if you're getting a PS4 too then it'll be great.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:56:18 am »

Probably the biggest incentive for me to get a 3DS is for Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's pretty much nothing else on there for me (I don't like Pokémon). The biggest reason for me to get the PS Vita is for Disgaea (huge FFT fan) and Monster Hunter (I think? or is that DS?).
Monster Hunter is on the 3DS, and I'm certain that they have Disgaea on the DS and therefore the 3DS.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:34 am »

The Vita is basically just an accessory for the PS4.

That said, if you're getting a PS4 too then it'll be great.
I never really dig peripherals in any sense even if they're awesome and useful, like the backlight for the GBA. They're just ew for some reason. But yeah I'm also getting a PS4. What kinda stuff does it do?

EDIT: I like the look of New Little King's story for Vita.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:29:22 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 03:00:24 am »

I'd say 3DS. Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, existing DS games.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 03:17:10 am »

I don't like the DS Fire Emblem (at least the one I played. dunno if there's a second one). I have Luigi's Mansion on my gamecube.

EDIT: Monster Hunter is big for me though. That's not going to be on the PS Vita ever?

EDIT: EDIT: I heard the Vita got a price drop. Which one's cheaper? Which one has the best games package (like where they give you games with the purchase of the system)?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:19:07 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:50 am »

Well, there's Muramasa on the Vita, an upcoming(? I haven't checked) FFX remake for it, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Portable NISA games are always good), Soul Sacrifice, a pretty fun Uncharted spinoff and Gravity Rush, and there's also that Vocaloid thing and DJ Max thing for rhythm games.

3DS gets an absolutely wonderful Tales of the Abyss remake (wonderful for me because I haven't played it), Fire Emblem: Awakening with a bunch of features using the Spot Pass thing, a sequel to Luigi's mansion, Animal Crossing with customizable costumes(I'm not really familiar with the series, save that it is good), Monster Hunter (only on 3DS!!!), and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember...

Ultimately, it's your decision, because I'm gonna give you two links to the best rated games according to Metacritic.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01:00 am »

I never really dig peripherals in any sense even if they're awesome and useful, like the backlight for the GBA. They're just ew for some reason. But yeah I'm also getting a PS4. What kinda stuff does it do?

EDIT: I like the look of New Little King's story for Vita.

I think it can be used pretty similarly to the Wii U game pad, as a controller with its own screen. I'm also pretty sure that if you buy a PS4 game that has a Vita version, you get the Vita version for free (though that might not apply to every PS4/Vita game). There's some pretty neat stuff.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 10:52:04 am »

Basically it comes down to the game lineup you prefer.

The 3DS has a lot of social features, both in games and with the basic package. If you don't have a lot of friends and/or strangers around with 3DSs, you may feel like you're missing out.

I haven't used the Vita but I hear it's comfortable. The 3DS not so much, but it's not too bad.

A Google search for "monster hunter vita" immediately turns up several news reports of "No Monster Hunter 4 Vita Plans". Monster Hunter 3U is also pretty great and also on the 3DS, not the Vita.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:44 am »

I don't like the DS Fire Emblem (at least the one I played. dunno if there's a second one). I have Luigi's Mansion on my gamecube.

EDIT: Monster Hunter is big for me though. That's not going to be on the PS Vita ever?

EDIT: EDIT: I heard the Vita got a price drop. Which one's cheaper? Which one has the best games package (like where they give you games with the purchase of the system)?
Vita is now 200 bucks barring the still expensive memory cards. the Regular 3DS is 170 but 30 bucks more you can get the XL series. Vita's lineup is pretty slim at the moment, its got good games in the pile just not enough, a redeeming quality is theres alot of indie games on the ps market and some are cross play so you can buy the game for both the ps3, ps4 and the vita. 3DS is what you expect from nintendo games, the n64 remakes are nice to own if anyone wants to play with them. The RPG business is booming on this device, if you are more of a fan for Strat games so far the only one to cross my mind is Fire Emblem (i dunno how you can hate this game, its still stupid hard like the series if you set it to be)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 12:38:09 pm »

Fire Emblem: Awakening is pretty good.  Although I really got my 3DS for Virtue's Last Reward and the new Ace Attorney games coming out.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »

If price is a concern, you could save some pocket change by considering the 2DS instead of the 3DS.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

If price is a concern, you could save some pocket change by considering the 2DS instead of the 3DS.
Please dont mention that thing, its the least pocketable thing ever
Pages: [1] 2