Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 2074 times)

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 11:03:00 pm »

Its best to have small dining rooms in various parts of your fortress so your dwarves don't have to walk too much in order to get food and drink.  Remember to build wells too.  If you have dwarves by the magma and all the booze barrels are being used, your dwarves will have to walk all the way to the river to get a drink if you don't have wells nearby.

Heh, I just realized all of this will be null as of tomorrow =

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Solara:
<STRONG>
That should help a little, but I'm curious about where is your main fortress is? If it's on the west side of the river, you're always going to have trouble with this, that's one of the reasons most people build between the river and the chasm. You put the food industry east of the river and the metal industry east of the chasm, with everything else inbetween and it cuts down on walking and hauling time immensely.</STRONG>

Part of my fortress was on the west side of the river, the other part was between the river and the chasm. It's all over now though. I found some demons and they wreaked havoc on my fortress. At the same time the goblins decided to besiege me. I killed some (or all, I'm not sure) of the demons, but it cost 50+ dwarven lives. To make things worse one of my dwarves went berserk where a good portion of the surviving dwarves were sleeping and killed them. I had a handfull of dwarves left after that. I locked the front doors and the goblins were milling around outside. I decided to succumb to the invasion(quit). Do the goblins even try to get in the fortress if the doors are locked?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 12:16:00 am »

Trolls can (and will) smash doors down, but due to a bug/feature locked doors stop them from pathfinding through there so they don't ever try and smash it. At least I think that's the problem anyway. if the trolls are real close I've seen them smash the doors anyway, but if you lock them when they are far away you should be OK.

I believe it is fixed next patch but I'm not sure (Toady posted something about invaders not properly destroying things being fixed).

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 2 [3]