Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to download Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 16419 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: How to download Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 05:40:40 am »

I'm calling bullshit. How the fuck can you never find out about Winzip or Winrar over the last 10 years? Or hell, not need to download a zipped or rarred file?

Crazy as this may sound, but 10 years ago a lot of people didn't even know the internet existed. Let alone how to use it. That aside, if this is his first time handling Zips and Rars then there's no need to throw profanity around. There's a first time for everything.

Because yes, it is possible to survive 10 years of using (i.e. for all we know he only used it for work or some small games) a pc without having to deal with zips and rars.

No. I refuse to believe that. That is restricted to the realm of overaged people.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 06:09:17 am »

No. I refuse to believe that. That is restricted to the realm of overaged people.

Your acting like an immature prick mate.
Magma is overrated.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 07:52:04 am »

Your acting like an immature prick mate.

Well, it's Yanlin. He tends to act like that....occasionally. :-X

Anyways....
Cut it.

Are you new to computers?

No, this is my 10th year of using them. I just toyed with it a bit and got it. I'm not too experienced with downloading stuff so... xD I know how to move things around though... and I just simply saved it directly to the hard drive. No need to cut it.

I simply unzipped 'dwarfort' and the game works. What are the other zipped files for?

I'm calling bullshit. How the fuck can you never find out about Winzip or Winrar over the last 10 years? Or hell, not need to download a zipped or rarred file?

It sounds weird indeed...but Yanlin, please post in a civilized manner.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 07:54:31 am by Tormy »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 07:57:17 am »

Legislature started a second thread, so no need to keep answering the questions he asked here.
Pages: 1 [2]