Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49123 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #1080 on: June 26, 2013, 10:05:39 pm »

yes, you and the mad scientisst would work together

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 26, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »

Did the demons kill the animal with the wounded leg we brought back to the dungeon?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 27, 2013, 01:26:41 am »

no they did not, it is still alive but getting sicker

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 27, 2013, 02:43:11 am »

Ah, that's good. I updated my action to take this into account.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 27, 2013, 05:09:13 am »

Sorry for vanishing after accidentally unleashing demons that killed everyone.

...back to work, I suppose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:47 am »

Heh, avoiding guilt I see. :P Nah, it's cool. It's not like you had any choice in the matter after all.

It seems like Ragnar is going to need something alcoholic to drink... Maybe I'll make a hipflask or something to carry some in with me on outings?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 27, 2013, 05:34:34 pm »

Okay so here is my idea. We mine out a tunnel from the already existing excavation, and make it fairly long, and as well as an area or something to hold a stand at or something, considering that looking at the map, its hard to herd/trap such a wide area for enemies to come up, while if we made a controlled corridor, we pretty much know about it at all times. Plus we could produce proper stone doors, and corridors with flame traps and the like. Or at least, we should move our workshops to a different location away from the entry point.

Spoiler: Said map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My suggestions (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 28, 2013, 01:56:13 am »

Okay so here is my idea. We mine out a tunnel from the already existing excavation, and make it fairly long, and as well as an area or something to hold a stand at or something, considering that looking at the map, its hard to herd/trap such a wide area for enemies to come up, while if we made a controlled corridor, we pretty much know about it at all times. Plus we could produce proper stone doors, and corridors with flame traps and the like. Or at least, we should move our workshops to a different location away from the entry point.

That's a lot of digging. I was hoping that in a first phase, we'd limit access to our work and living areas by putting up a few walls and making a few breakthroughs. Such as on the map below.
In green: 4 new walls to build
In red: 2 new tunnels to dig
That should seal off all entrances except perhaps the demon gate and the frog room pit.
What's lacking with that plan is a way to get in or out of the safe complex. I'm not sure where to put the entrance, really. Suggestions?
Spoiler: suggestions (click to show/hide)

My own idea: inside our complex, we have a trapdoor that goes a level below our current rooms. From there, a tunnel runs parallel to the river (so we can flood it if we wish), The tunnel forks, with one exit leading to the cave area, while the other connects to the frog room stairs. Would require a lot of digging, too. If we go with that, we might need a temporary entrance with a door or two.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 10, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »

The imps will build this wall if commanded

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 10, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »

In that case, we only need someone to dig the tunnel to the farms or we are cut off from the room and the frog temple.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 10, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

What's the point of walling off the lake again? Have we ever gotten anything hostile through the holes?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 10, 2013, 02:43:22 pm »

Carrion crawler at the bottom I think? Anyway, the idea is to eventually wall off every room we have right now and create a new, single entrance which is filled with traps. Possibly floodable. With one or more portcullises that can slam down while the water rises. And a ballista fires from the other end of the tunnel. With exploding bolts. </overkill>

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 10, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »

frogmen were in the river once, and there are army spiders further above the waterfall . carrion creatures were in the pits /refuse pits
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]