Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie assorted issues  (Read 943 times)

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie assorted issues
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:38 am »

The reserving option is a general setting, unrelated to any stockpile. It can be done by accessing the stockpile menu (p) without placing a stockpile.

The max bins/barrels option only refers to a specific stockpile that you have already placed. Each stockpile can have different bins/barrels options with some of them been set right from the start due to the kind of goods (i. e. max barrels is always set for food stockpiles if you place them with p-f,because food is stored in barrels or pots; max bins is always set for finished goods stockpiles if you assign them with p-g, because goods are stored in bins; the default stockpile is for animals with bins/barrels to zero).
These numbers set how many of the tiles of a stockpile are used for bins/barrels.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:28:22 am by Laurin »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie assorted issues
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

I may try Dwarf Therapist someday ... but to start I like to try the game as the creator made it (or remade it).

Try it now. When you try it, you will kick yourself in the face once for every day that passed without you using it.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."
Pages: 1 [2]