Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Regarding cavern wildlife  (Read 5033 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding cavern wildlife
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:00 am »

Maybe some lurking animal was cornered by growing trees and now sits eternally in a tree-enclosed cavern branch?
Hmm that would require me to send a mining/woodcutting expedition to clear the exits, other than gremlins what other creatures 'lurk'?

Giant Cave Spiders, I believe.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding cavern wildlife
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »

Maybe some lurking animal was cornered by growing trees and now sits eternally in a tree-enclosed cavern branch?
Hmm that would require me to send a mining/woodcutting expedition to clear the exits, other than gremlins what other creatures 'lurk'?

Giant Cave Spiders, I believe.

Nah, they used to, but GCSs are no longer ambush predators.

If you were playing masterwork mod id say be wary of ant/batmen or troglodyte ambushes, but then again those aren't wild animals and wouldn't affect the wild animal spawning.

Let's consider that you may have, in fact, extinctes everything in your caverns. Time to build a dwarven city in the caverns, open to all edges. No, that couldn't possibly go horribly FUN.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.
Pages: 1 2 [3]