Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Philosophy  (Read 2932 times)

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Philosophy
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 11:21:19 pm »

'Armok' is the player. Only reason something is a certain way in the game is because you haven't bothered to mess with the raws.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:22 am »

As for the Cats:
A dwarfs beard is his most prized possession. It tells him that there are socks to be gotten from 1200 feet away and where to dig in the pitch black tunnels of the mines. However, seeing that beards were really a dwarfs best friend, cats became jealous and began to plot. They decided to adopt dwarves and, when the time was right, instill themselves as the replacement for beards. Due to food shortages and other !!factors!! many of these plotting cats were killed and their plan hasn't come to the surface. So they wait....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08:31 am »

People seem to enjoy linking Armok to chaos and violence, but really he is the god of order. The game is played from the perspective of the nobles; we are limited to seeing things in a fort that only they can see. Armok needs dukes, bookkeepers, appraisers, militia commanders, and all the others to peer into the worlds he creates and destroys, and without them a fort crumbles. So next time you dunk a nanny goat in magma for Armok's sake, consider whether you filed the proper paperwork beforehand and had it stamped by an administrator. Because that, is the essence of Armok.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:31:06 am »

Here's a question I've seen on the wiki: Since ultimately an anvil is required to make an anvil, where did the first anvil come from?
The first anvil was created by one of the first dwarves on the first world whilst possesed by Armok himself. So pleased was Armok with his creation that even when he destroyed a world he preserved a single anvil, with which he forges the new world only to cast it down into that world to await its return.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2]