Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: ArmA 3  (Read 20299 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA 3
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2014, 12:47:56 pm »

Waiting for ACE

Ow. Might take some time and if they even release it to Arma3

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »

Yeah, it's just not the same without it.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:40 pm »

You should try Battle Royale. I play it a lot lately.

Basically whole server (~40 people) get forced in a plane and then eject over Saris. After a while you have to be inside a certain radius which gradually gets smaller. Last man standing. A lot of weapons, vehicles to find. It's really good :)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:21 pm »

Hah! I connected my wheel and pedals today.
And it works surprisingly good. Now i'm having a blast driving around in my truck
trough out the map. Just need to fins decent RP server to go with :)
Arma3 turned out just whole new game to me.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »

Yes I love flying in it...but flying a helicopter with pedals and a stick? Amazing

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

If you've got pedals and stick, no excuse not to be playing flights sims :D

Although, to be honest, combined warfare (air sea and land) is amazing! :)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »

true enough but I love shooting things or doing military missions with people...which sadly most simulators don't have...not to mention ARMA is considered a simulator and uses the take on helicopters simulation if I recall correctly...soooo technically I am :P

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:48 pm »

Don't have stick yet.
Its on buy list once i get decent cash on me and well.. time :)
But i need some sort station to put all... wheel, pedals, H-shifter and joy :D

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2014, 03:41:19 pm »

true enough but I love shooting things or doing military missions with people...which sadly most simulators don't have...not to mention ARMA is considered a simulator and uses the take on helicopters simulation if I recall correctly...soooo technically I am :P

Most WW2 flight sims are best enjoyed online, in squads. Lone wolfing just doesn't cut it :)

But some of the best experiences I've had were in a ground attack plane providing support for ground troops, and that kind of immersion with players at all levels is definitely more of an ARMA thing. I need to start trying A3 online. I used to do A2 online, both super realistic ACE/ACRE as well as relaxed but organised missions with 50+ people. Good times :)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2014, 03:44:05 pm »

Yeah I was part of a very active and very large realism clan in ARMA 2...loved it. I haven't really played much since ARMA 3 was actually released...played the alpha/beta of it a lot though lol

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »

Which one? I think I used to play on the public server of a British outfit called The Wrecking Crew. People actually organised there :)

The organised people I played with have moved to ARMA3. They're called Folk ARPS, it's a really cool, twice-a-week group. Great fun!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:38 pm »

Anyone know where i could find that game cheap? On sale or anything?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:54 pm »

Try out Patrol ops mission. Think there is 2 servers that does it.
They doing it realistic so it has it own fun moments :)
[NML] if remember correct.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »

Blue cap elite ( BCE ) has its own server with VTS weapon resting enable for those who wants it also has STHUD wich give you a little radar with your teamate position and facing directon. Im not part of BCE yet but im close to the host Dennis. Its fun but good lord is there ennemy sometime... We had one mission where we had to destroy an artillery battery....

13 sochor, about 6 tank, 4-5 apc countless mrap and a shitload of infantry.... thats what i saw and i didnt see everything....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2014, 07:19:58 pm »

My group was the 13th MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) I believe...don't recall the name off the top of my head...I used to be in the Marine Corps and that whole group consisted of primarily current and former members of the Marine Corps so I fit in pretty well and it was about as real as it gets
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]