Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wounded Dwarf Not Helped - Bug?  (Read 921 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Wounded Dwarf Not Helped - Bug?
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:45:39 am »

My dwarven military forces just took out a forgotten beast and nearly all of them got wounded. Fortunately everyone was safely brought to the hospital and the doctor made quick work of patching them all up - except for one. He's lying there, not resting but with "no job" and no one will bring him food or water or diagnose/stitch him up, and he's dying. I tried deconstructing the bed he was on but nothing changed. Is there anything I can do in this situation? I've got about 12 idle dwarfs with absolutely nothing to do. Even my CMD is just standing around doing nothing.

Victor6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded Dwarf Not Helped - Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:55 am »

More details would help.
What does it say under the health screen options?
What injuries does he have?
Has he even been diagnosed?
Is he in the hospital or somewhere else?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:45 am »

Too late now, I just gave up and let him die. But he was in the hospital - someone had taken him there, to a bed, but he wasn't resting, just idle. He had not even been diagnosed. Under the health screen he had a whole lot of injuries listed along with "awaiting diagnosis." He had a whole big long list of injuries - I foolishly thought a forgotten beast with "dust clouds" as an ability would be easy to kill but apparently everyone is covered in blisters and bruises and smashed apart extremities as a result.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:57 am »

Too late now, I just gave up and let him die. But he was in the hospital - someone had taken him there, to a bed, but he wasn't resting, just idle. He had not even been diagnosed. Under the health screen he had a whole lot of injuries listed along with "awaiting diagnosis." He had a whole big long list of injuries - I foolishly thought a forgotten beast with "dust clouds" as an ability would be easy to kill but apparently everyone is covered in blisters and bruises and smashed apart extremities as a result.

Its because he wasn't "resting."  I'm not sure what causes this to happen, but if he isn't resting he won't recieve treatment.  I saw this happen recently and after deconstructing the bed the dorf was carried to the hospital and treated promptly.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »

You can always have a minecart rammed into a glitched dwarf a couple of times.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Victor6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 04:51:08 pm »

Or, as an emergency last resort you could remove the hospital zone from the bed\square he's malingering in, that sometimes shifts them. Makes a mess of your hospital though.

Dropping rocks (or anything vaguely heavy) might work - Adding a new injury and knocking them down might reset the whole thing. You could even build bedside euthanasia levers.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 03:01:12 am »

This all sounds very complicated, and it's not terribly important in this case, I'm just setting up this fortress for the succession game. Finally it happened a second time, I have no idea why, so I decided the fortress is ready enough for succession and I'm giving it a test run with an adventurer before starting the game.

It's very strange though, especially that it would happen twice in one fort.