Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help! Well problem.  (Read 1209 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Well problem.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

No, My well is inside my fortress.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Huh... then it should work! How often are people dying of thirst? Was it an isolated case? What are your alcohol and food stocks? Where did they die? When did they die?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

My food and alcohol stocks are fine, it is just that as I am still working on moving all of my workshops down into my fortress the dwarves get thirsty outside. This means that they pass the well on their way down to the alcohol and then just walk over and stand by the well. Currently there are five dwarves standing around the well with various levels of thirst while the bucket moves up and down, but none are drinking. Both of the dwarves that died died standing around the well. Could it be that something is in the road of the bucket? Because I just noticed that there is another bucket, probably from before I abandoned the fortress, sitting in the water right beneath the well.

P.S. If anyone knows a way to retrieve that bucket it would be very helpful if they would let me know. I had to forbid it after getting annoyed at all of the Dwarf cancels stockpile object: dangerous terrain, messages.

It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

Is your dining room up in the ice levels?  Those are also considered freezing, so the water would freeze instantly if you brought it up that high.  In addition, the first layer of rock under the ice will also freeze, as I found out with trying to get through aquifers,
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 10:21:00 pm »

Ahhhh, that would be it. Thank you Keldor, that would be the answer to the problem I have been wondering over. It looks like I will have to abandon the fortress again to gain enough time to fix the problem, but I should be able to fix it, so, thank you once again.
Pages: 1 [2]