Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GoG End of The World Super Sale!!  (Read 1686 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: GoG End of The World Super Sale!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 09:07:43 am »

A quick glance and remembrance suggests that MOO2 is the most interesting thing in the pack. And I already own it.

I was considering getting theme hospital (allein) moo2 (allein, not bad having an online copy) maybe heroes 3 full
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 09:17:32 am »

I'm so tempted to buy so many things.

But the Steam sale is just around the corner, and my wallet can't take a pounding from both sides like last year.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 10:04:32 am »

Also, Geneforge series for $7.50. Any comments on that?
I got it a couple days ago when it was $3.75. I'm only about 5 or 6 hours into the first one so far and am really enjoying the story and setting, and between all five there must be at least 100 hours of gameplay, and hundreds more if you go for each faction in each game. They're also really hard, not to an unplayable extent, but if you build your character wrong you are screwed.

EDIT: And I post 4 minutes after the sale ends, but it's still 7.50!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:06:25 am by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 10:10:35 am »

Sale ended. Just as a sidenote, I realized that my SMAC has been updated. It contained what I thought to be too good to be true.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

Sale ended. Just as a sidenote, I realized that my SMAC has been updated. It contained what I thought to be too good to be true.
Yay! It's finally possible to have a working copy of SMAC + expansion for digital download. The only negative is EA getting a cut from a good game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:44 am »

Yay! It's finally possible to have a working copy of SMAC + expansion for digital download. The only negative is EA getting a cut from a good game.

The expansion is good news.

The Sierra package was also well worth the money.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 12:17:02 pm »

Is it?  Can it be?  I've never had the opportunity to play the expansion.  Excellent!
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »

Argh, I just increased my game backlog again - I grabbed the awesome King of Dragon Pass,  and Constructor and Space Colony HD both of which I remember as being worth a gamble.  And I'm still considering one or more of the Wing Commanders and some of the indy games.

Agree MoO2 is one of the greatest games of all time, MoO1 has surprisingly good gameplay too.  Theme Hospital was reasonably fun and funny , I even fired up my copy again a couple years ago - not bad for a 15 year old game, although it's not  in the realm of the exalted MoO/Master of Magic/SMAC/X-Com.

Lords of Magic never grabbed me although the Special Edition/expansion was supposed to be an improvement.  There were some cool ideas in there but I didn't like it even as much as Age of Wonders let alone MoM.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »

I ended up passing the sales due to Steam sales coming...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »

The problem with those bundles is there are always 2 or 3 games I just don't want to touch or buy or even consider buying.
Pages: 1 [2]