Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does durable headphones even exist?  (Read 1153 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Does durable headphones even exist?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 02:41:36 pm »

Well, I've never had any headphones last more than around half a year, really, but I do know this - since you're Swedish, you have by law a three year warranty on all your purchases, regardless of the stores own policy. Well, if I remember correctly. There was a Plus (to you non-Swedes reading; Plus is a show about home economics and consumer laws and such) programme dedicated to this about four or so months ago (Yes, I watch Plus at times. Yes, I am aware this gives me 450 adult points per minute watched :P). So you should totally start hassling your store about replacements if you still have any kind of proof of purchase. Or keep the receipt next time you buy a pair so you can start hassling them when they break.

I think, though, that the thing about your unconscious fiddling with the cables as well as your attempts to repair them might very well void the warranty. I'm not entirely certain on the specifics of the law. You could always try to contact your local Konsumentvägledare (Consumer Guide (-ance Counselor), again to you non-Swedes) and see what they say about it.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »

Soldering the wires back together seems like it would void the warranty regardless of where you live.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »

I think, though, that the thing about your unconscious fiddling with the cables as well as your attempts to repair them might very well void the warranty.
I know that at least one of them broke on their own without my involvement, but I'm going to have to delay that. I just covered the one that previously shattered with about a centilitre of epoxy since I'd rather have that one working than to get another pair with flimsy wires and sub par soldering.

Edit: my method of "repairs."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:18:48 pm by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 01:02:23 am »

Get a wireless one. I've bought some expensive headphones that lasted 5 or more good kicks, but you'll almost always trip over them.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 [2]