Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games you can play while multi-tasking  (Read 3654 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you can play while multi-tasking
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

Act as a bot in World of Tanks. Go into the game, press battle, and then alt+tab. Rinse and repeat every 10 minutes.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:40 pm »

Frozen Synapse?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 12:59:18 pm »

I actually play DF while multitasking. This is probably my settlements always die though...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »

Prison Architect
Only a simple mind can be certain.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

Aurora - it actually demands you to multitask because turns can take a long time. 

The only problem is that you don't know if your turn will take 2 minutes or 45 and advance in-game by a day or by 30.

But yeah, any turn-based game are well suited to be multitasked.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

UFO: Afterseries are also nice multi-task game, simply press Space to pause the game and you can resume at any time.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 05:36:43 pm »

In the Tribal Wars vein, you could join a few of us Bay12ers on Illyriad. (Discussion thread here.)

Sometimes I play DF while multitasking but it's a bit processor-intensive. FTL can also work for this purpose. Also, other roguelikes, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, Brogue, etc. But these always tend to be heavier on the game-playing part than the multitasking part...

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 07:00:41 am »

I'm thinking of getting back into Tribal Wars. Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd ask here if Bay12 has a tribe that I could join.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 07:51:40 am »

Well, I can certainly recommend The Settlers Online. I'm sharing an account with my girlfriend and we have quite some fun telling our little settlers what to do. :) We're OwczanKota in Sandycove (or something like that - never really got to remember the server's name). It doesn't eat up all that much time, but is nice to watch what happens in the game-world and every few minutes you will find something to do - sending geologists, building fields, training armies, stuff like that. There is no PvP though - it can be a plus (for me, it is), but you can also dislike it.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »

The Creatures series.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:13 pm »

Oh right, also, D&D. Gary Gygax sometimes played while repairing shoes at home.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 [2]