Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cortex Command Stories (Warning:May contain epicness)  (Read 2554 times)

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only Blood God.
    • View Profile
Cortex Command Stories (Warning:May contain epicness)
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:00:12 am »

So Idk where to put this, and I decided to put it in other games since it is a game that goes in the other catagory. I suppose I should start us off, so I was playing OMA (One Man Army) Diggers Only gamemode, and I had my shotgun wielding badass, who I dubbed John go around blowing up some stuff with his Shotgun. More importantly, Ronin (Some type of space German/Viking raider group thing.) dropships and rockets. Suprisingly, the shotgun is OP towards those and exposed flesh, so I went around and took down two of their dropships, then came one of them getting the jump on me. So, I naturally blew his head off, at a cost of my leg, so I continued slaughtering them in great numbers, until one of them got a lucky hit and nearly tore my head off. Fortunately, he got away with only grinding my left eye to dust, and sending me near death, but I went on. I continued slaughtering them, until one of them took my shotgun away from me. Sent it flying all over the place, I went to find it, now lacking one eye and leg, (both being lacked in my left.) I flew off on my jetpack looking for it. Unfortunately, I came across 7 or 8 insane Ronin wielding diggers, and they turned me into a pile of blood and entrails. So, any of you have a story to tell of Cortex Command?
This is my signature. Notice how it is all clean and bloodless? Well a sacrifice of Men Women or Space Marines will help me put blood on this signature,
-Khrone 2013.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command Stories (Warning:May contain epicness)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 12:39:53 am »

Ronin is "a Bushi(Samurai) with no lord or master during the feudal period (1185–1868) of Japan."

Just saying :>

And sorry, no stories, even tho I had some fun with the early versions, turning zombies into a new stone form, consisting of igneous extrusive layer and rotten flesh.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:41:52 am »

Dropships. Those have generated many epic stories.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:40 am »

Ronin is "a Bushi(Samurai) with no lord or master during the feudal period (1185–1868) of Japan."

Just saying :>

And sorry, no stories, even tho I had some fun with the early versions, turning zombies into a new stone form, consisting of igneous extrusive layer and rotten flesh.

I know full well what a Ronin is in RL, but in this game they are some form of space Viking/German people warrior things.

Anyway, another story! I was playing another OMA Digger only, and I was facing the infamous Browncoats, right off the bat when I was fighting them, had my head crushed by one who just barely touched me. Another story, I was facing off some more Ronin scum, so after slaughtering a far few of them, I was flying because I was retreating or looking for new foes to slaughter. Anyway, so I actually was flying very much in a rocket like pattern, so I flew right into a Ronin soldier with shotgun in hand, shot it we both crashed into eachother. Bloody mess, I exploded he exploded, I chalked it up as mission successful.

Next story, I was fighting the dread Dummy Legions. Beings of pure EVIL so, they fall very easily to my shotgun rounds, their dropships are destroyed near instantly. After I thin out their numbers, one of them maimed me, so I was bleeding to death, lacking a leg and had my belly tore open, spilling out some innards. So I was essentally bleeding to death, so I broke a dummies digger with my feet, but was shortly thereafter swarmed, and killed. I named the human rocket "Rocard" and the dummy crusher "Jim". Anyone else have any stories to contribute?
This is my signature. Notice how it is all clean and bloodless? Well a sacrifice of Men Women or Space Marines will help me put blood on this signature,
-Khrone 2013.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:53 am »

The Ronin are more akin to mercenaries made up of captain ersatz clones of somewhat famous people and wielding notable historical guns.

My epic tale would probably have to be the time I was playing as a Coalition light soldier and got a lucky shot on the enemy brain from out of my view. Not all that epic, but oh well.
Nothing important here, move along.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:52 am »

So it turns out a light trooper with a riot shield plus a Digger (any kind) makes for an excellent melee combatant. You can have the guy getting sprayed with fire as he rockets towards an enemy and he'll tank it all, and then he'll melt the enemy's face off when he rams into them.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »

More stories coming soon. For now, bump.
-Khrone 2013.

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 02:54:56 am »

I was expecting people to post the tales they have encountered on this here thread, I expected wrong. Bump.
-Khrone 2013.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:28 am »

Well, most of my "tales of epicness" tend to involve getting murdered in some humorous/over-the-top way :P

Example: Playing One Man Army: Extended (which functions the same as One Man Army, except you get to pick your own clone and loadout) with an Ultramarine Terminator. These guys are crazy tough and fire explosive rapid-fire projectiles, so they shred vehicles and bodies alike. I'm walking along the map when I see some debris flying at me from the right. I jump and dive to the left, hoping to gain some distance, when a dropship that's missing an engine comes spiraling in from the left. The remaining engine smashed me into the ground like a hammer, and all that was left of my Terminator were bits of blue armor mixed in the grey and orange of the dropship.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 04:01:06 am »

I posted this some time ago on the "how did you last own" thread, but hey, it belongs here too.

Was playing a neverending survival in an older version. Picked a browncoat with a mauler, and sent him in via dropship.
The dropship was getting wailed on by fire, so I bailed him out quickly and let the dropship go on its own. It went off the top of my view, but was still in play. I found this out when it announced its presence (or sudden lack thereof...) with an explosion... and then a rain of dropship parts. Everywhere. My poor laptop was already at its limits, this pretty much brought it down to bullet time... which was appropriate for what happened next.

I hurled the browncoat straight off the bunker, narrowly dodging an improbable amount of debris. It rained absolutely everywhere, killing everything around except for three enemies, conveniently right in my path.
I lined up a shot while flying forwards, and fired. Three heads exploded with one mauler round.

Only then did I finally land on the ground, completely unharmed.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 05:00:02 am »

I won regularly by turtling and waiting till the enemy AI digs its way straight to the bottom and falls into the bottomless underworld.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 06:38:06 am »

One of my favourite pasttimes in CC are building a heavily fortified base (thanks to UniTec and all those turrets it's easy) and dig inwhile sending a single unit into the field as "patrol". Be it a UAV/Gunship from "Air support" a single browncoat or a Unitec Walker.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.