Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sick birth controll  (Read 2155 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: sick birth controll
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:52 pm »

Hunger and thirst alone probably won't cut it, unless of course she starves to death. You might need to factor in a few other things like miasma and perhaps a non lethal upright spear trap or two.

I can confirm that dehydration will indeed cause a miscarriage. I was too slow to install a well in my current fort and ran out of booze for a while so there were several miscarriages through the winter.
I can confirm that being either "Starving" or "Dehydrated" for even a single tick will cause a miscarriage, and I can even point you at the exact place it happens in a disassembly (at least for the Windows binary).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »

I had a fort where every married female was routinely locked in a special starvation spa via military scheduling every 6 months... so exactly what you mean. It was tricky, since they all eat/starve at different times (though it got semi-synchronized after the first "girls' night month out") and there was of course a loss of productivity. You really would be better off just changing the child cap, though, as it's not really that useful, except for lulz.

Edit: Special starvation spy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:40:38 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »

It's a safe way to induce the "doesn't care about anything anymore" trait, but I much prefer "attacked by the dead" for that purpose. Dwarf zombies will do the trick (though only in melee, IIRC). Though if you want to do it very safely, I guess killing pets is the best way. In my experience, military tend to get the trait pretty much automatically just after a few battles and a few casualties... Helps to prevent tantrum spirals. I haven't had a proper spiral in a while.

Fortress Calling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:18:57 pm »

Did she become a vampire after she got pregnant? You'd probably have had to do this deliberately; it's hard to spread accidentally.
if you don't jail females that have a non vampire husband and have just been vampirized and just let them feed, will they give birth? what will the child be?

Child will most likely be half vampire vampire hunter with the ability to detect other vampires called Blade Short Sword. Because he is short.
Pages: 1 [2]