Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: sick birth controll  (Read 2148 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
sick birth controll
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:52 am »

if you lock the women up without any food, then that may make them miserable enough to miscarry.

Has anybody tried to induce miscarrage?

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sick birth controll
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:40:02 am »

You're so cruel... just change the baby cap in your d_init.txt ? :)

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:44:24 am »

... are you sure that even works? At the moment, there's no way to see if a dwarf is pregnant until they give birth.

That said, isn't it simply quicker to send the new mothers into a danger room? That way you'll still have your loss of happiness, and a chance to get them to not care about anything at all, and thus avoiding tantrums?

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:18 am »

My vampire mayor miscarried once after she got jailed for draining some poor dwarf's blood. I didn't even know vampires could get pregnant. Unfortunately, two in-game years later she's still mayor. And still chained up.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 12:24:24 pm »

Hunger and thirst alone probably won't cut it, unless of course she starves to death. You might need to factor in a few other things like miasma and perhaps a non lethal upright spear trap or two.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

My vampire mayor miscarried once after she got jailed for draining some poor dwarf's blood. I didn't even know vampires could get pregnant.
They shouldn't....

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:30 pm »

Did she become a vampire after she got pregnant? You'd probably have had to do this deliberately; it's hard to spread accidentally.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:44 pm »

if you don't jail females that have a non vampire husband and have just been vampirized and just let them feed, will they give birth? what will the child be?

this call for SCIENCE! (and maybe !!SCIENCE!! afterward to clean up the mess)

too bad i haven't had any vampire immigrants at all in my last 3 forts.
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

if you don't jail females that have a non vampire husband and have just been vampirized and just let them feed, will they give birth? what will the child be?

Luck just seems to go that way sometimes. Only vampire in my whole civ in my current world is the king.

Out of curiosity, though, what about male vampires with non-vampire wives? Can they still father children?

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

Luck just seems to go that way sometimes. Only vampire in my whole civ in my current world is the king.

Out of curiosity, though, what about male vampires with non-vampire wives? Can they still father children?
If they could, perhaps the halfpires would mature in 7 years instead of 12?

is shot for bad oblique reference

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »

They shouldn't do.

Lagg

• Bay Watcher
  • Give me a hammer and I'll call it a nail.
    • View Profile
    • OPTF2
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 02:30:30 pm »

Hunger and thirst alone probably won't cut it, unless of course she starves to death. You might need to factor in a few other things like miasma and perhaps a non lethal upright spear trap or two.

I can confirm that dehydration will indeed cause a miscarriage. I was too slow to install a well in my current fort and ran out of booze for a while so there were several miscarriages through the winter.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:04 pm »

what? dwarves can miscarry? How does this work? Do you get notification of a miscarriage or something? Ive never seen it happen in my fort

Fortress Calling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

Did she become a vampire after she got pregnant? You'd probably have had to do this deliberately; it's hard to spread accidentally.

Child will most likely be half vampire vampire hunter with the ability to detect other vampiers called Blade Short Sword. Because he is short.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »

Child will most likely be half vampire vampire hunter with the ability to detect other vampiers called Blade Short Sword. Because he is short.
They should name the girl Buffy.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.
Pages: [1] 2