Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Inexplicable Pride Moments  (Read 2506 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Inexplicable Pride Moments
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:52:53 pm »

Wait, spiders have skulls?

Cephlothorax, skull, functionally it may as well be the same thing. Besides, it's an FB so what do you expect?

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »

Pride moment:
When my dwarves encountered a blob forgotten beast at Crushpaint, it went into the mineshaft, intent to kill dwarfkind, until in an early desperation move, I sent the dwarves that'd normally be doomed to the blob went to punch and skewer the blob to death with one iron sword and just rags.  CrushPaint appropriately made a slab for the forgotten beast.  Casualties:  1 dwarven militant, given a coffin.  Injuries:  Several cats and kittens suffering a fever and getting better from it.

Also of note:
Kobold attempting to steal from a different fort, just had become unlucky enough to run into a wood cutter.  Cue the kobold getting axed a question he couldn't answer.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:25 pm »

I was building over a watery cavern. Then a spidery forgotten beast showed up, and crawled onto a walkway.
...Then one of my dwarves, the Mayor no less, came charging in, became enraged, and wrestled the Spider off the walkway. The both fell down into the water. As He drowned to death, He punched it in the head until He broke its skull.
It just laid paralysed down there until one day i accidentally shot it with an archer.
Wait, spiders have skulls?
*shrugs* This one did, apparently. If I ever reclaim the Fort Ill post a screenie.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Darkgamma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 03:11:32 am »

When elves came in Spring, year two, only to drown in lots of fun fun water menacing with spiders and zombies.
if it's a blob made of steel, don't fight it. it may not heal, but it probably doesn't need to.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 05:11:47 am »

The first time I set up a hospital, a dwarf got injured and OMG. IT ACTUALLY HEALED. (this being shortly after my first successful military.) Honestly, I checked up on that dwarf like 6 times (totally unnecessarily) to see how it was going. And may have nicknamed it.  ???

Also, watching hunters kill stuff.

More recently, first evil "fort". Died really quickly, but my dwarves tried pretty hard. Started a nice entrance, then suddenly, zombie yaks. Dug straight down, ended up making a jagged tunnel (I canceled the dig designation halfway through) just above the aquifer, made an extremely untidy little area and channeled away the spot in-between so it filled with water in the hopes it would slow them down. For some reason they didn't want to pass it, so success. Had to make another entrance to let the others in. The miner did a lot of risky stuff and killed some of their zombified dogs. But everyone got thirsty because it was too scary for them to drink.

Worked at a cave-in so I could get them some food, but the wagon was parked RIGHT next to a murky pool. So, made a way to drain the pool to figure out if I could cause a cave-in from beneath to get the supplies, but they got in and everyone who had survived that long left through the murky pool to do whatever insane thing they had decided. Facepalm.

So, everybody died. The Expedition Leader was the last, I put him in a squad all alone and he suicide-attacked the yaks although he didn't damage them at all.

Most Fun embark I've had.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:24:27 am by FlickerFly »
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 06:14:48 am »

My fortress (barely) survived my first seige today. Of course it was destroyed by another, much larger seige half an hour later. But for a little while it was a success!

And my new fortress is doing okay without me having to use the quickstart guide this time. :D
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

When a starving, dehydrated dwarf went fey just to let me know she was on the wrong side of the floodgate.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

My injured and bleeding Militia Commander gets up from the table in the middle of surgery, claims a mechanic's workshop, and makes an artifact mechanism. He then makes his way back to the hospital, where the doctors put him back on the table, and finish the surgery. He's up and killin' again just fine, but the sheer badassery of what he does has been multiplied.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 05:58:43 pm »

In a past fort, a fire-breathing hill titan managed to make its way into the soil layers, where the tree/food farms were. After burninating several dwarves (and all but 1 of my military) while the rest of the fort walled up by the magma sea, the !!sworddwarf!!, near death from bloodloss, managed to decapitate it.

The fire eliminated all traces of the battle, destroyed half my population and most of the food and drinks, pissed off the elves who were ambushed by the titan.

The lone sworddwarf received a tomb better than any king, for his heroic actions under immense pressure (and !!Fire!!)
Pages: 1 [2]