Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time to mature?  (Read 1680 times)

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Time to mature?
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »

Hi
I was wondering when in the wiki and when people talk about creatures, their young creatures take a certain time to mature into adults(3 years for example). Does this mean that Dwarf babies take 1 full in-game year to become a child and then they have to take another 11 years to mature into adults?
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time to mature?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:27:19 pm »

Yes, exactly.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:14:40 am »

Correct. Dwarves become adults on their 12th birthday.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 02:24:01 am »

I seem to have dwarven children older than this.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 02:35:22 am »

Migrants sometimes show up as older children, but they should mature at the next season change.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:30 am »

Migrants sometimes show up as older children, but they should mature at the next season change.
if they don't, chances are they're vampires.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 06:14:11 am »

Wait until their next birthday, THEN decide they're vampires.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 12:51:53 am »

if they don't, chances are they're vampires.

This... would explain my twenty year old dwarven child, though there is another migrant who i'm pretty sure is also a vampire, he has really high skills and doesn't have *any* family members. My suspicion is that he is one of the first dwarves and was turned into a vampire before he could have children.