Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I wonder  (Read 774 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
I wonder
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:12:41 pm »

Has anyone seen a whol family of vamps necros or wer beast?
Iam just wondering becuse it is posible but realy slim chance but has it hapened to you?
Please help me DF comunity!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:07:17 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
Re: I wander
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »

wonder*

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »

*whole
*vamps, necros, or were-beasts
*I am
*because
*but with a
*really
*chance. Has
*community

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 11:14:10 pm »

No, as a matter of fact. It has not.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »

Hooray! Someone who refuses to use linguistic analysis!

You too should be ashamed of yourselves.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »

Vampires can't have kids, and necromancers and werebeasts swiftly retreat from society. All of them tend to kill people around them in various ways. Both of these reduce the chance of a vamp/were/necro having any]/i] family, let alone family afflicted as he is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:42 am »

A family of vamps is possible, if you infect them in fortress mode.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:54 am »

I wanna know, if a mother gets pregnant and then vamped, whats the kid like?  And, if it is a vamp, will it grow out of infant (1) and will it try to drink (2)?

I suppose if the mom is vamped she never sleeps and we won't know.  On the other hand she has a permanent baby shield!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »

I wanna know, if a mother gets pregnant and then vamped, whats the kid like?  And, if it is a vamp, will it grow out of infant (1) and will it try to drink (2)?

I suppose if the mom is vamped she never sleeps and we won't know.  On the other hand she has a permanent baby shield!
Vampires become infertile when vampirized. Don't know how that effects the already pregnant. The kid should be a normal Dwarf based off were-creature observations. If it for some reason is a vampire, it won't ever grow out of its form when its 0 days old, and it will probably try to eat people if its mother ever drops it.
Also the possibility of a vampire mother eating her baby seems incredibly unlikely, as I've just noticed (quite disturbingly) that I've never seen a sleeping baby before...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35:41 pm »

Babies probably sleep in their mothers' arms, dozing most of the time they're not eating. The exception is probably when Mommy is sleeping...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

In adventure mode I came across, and brutally murdered, a mother, father and child 'creature of the night'.

It made me wonder who truly was the monster here...

Them, obviously.
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 02:06:59 pm »

Babies probably sleep in their mothers' arms, dozing most of the time they're not eating. The exception is probably when Mommy is sleeping...
See, that's where it's weird. One of the Fortress's babies Kivish cannot sleep with his mother at risk of losing his head, and I've never seen him sleep on the times when he is with his mother, or the times when he's crawling about the fort, nor does he have the "slept on an x recently" thought, over a period of 3+months. Babies very much so either do not sleep at all, or very rarely sleep until they mutate into child form.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 02:34:47 pm »

See, that's where it's weird. One of the Fortress's babies Kivish cannot sleep with his mother at risk of losing his head, and I've never seen him sleep on the times when he is with his mother, or the times when he's crawling about the fort, nor does he have the "slept on an x recently" thought, over a period of 3+months. Babies very much so either do not sleep at all, or very rarely sleep until they mutate into child form.
Any parent could have told you this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

I mean in theory. Sleeping babies were just abstracted away.
Sig