Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You are just out of CMA Boot Camp. (Halo Universe)  (Read 1031 times)

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
You are just out of CMA Boot Camp. (Halo Universe)
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:44:43 am »

(The CMA is the Colonial Military Adminisration, of Halo fame.)

Listen up Marine!
State your Name, rank and what equipment you've been trained in!
Get to it Marine! They ain't payin' us by the hour!

Name:
Special Occurance During Training
1) Good Leader: You were promoted for being a natural leader. (Start at Corporal Rank)
2) Rich Family: The only reason you're here is because you asked your family to get you a pass into the CMA. (Can have better equipment and easier time becoming an Officer.)
3) No Home to go back to: Your family were colonists on the planet Harvest, the planet was glassed by the Covenant a few weeks ago. (Determined, never gives up the fight.)
4) Make up your own (Within reason, no being the Master Chief or a Spartan)
Equipment:

Move it Marine! GO! GO! GO! 
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: You are just out of CMA Boot Camp. (Halo Universe)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:23:12 am »

Name: Lee Varayis
Training: M6D Magnum, Sniper Rifle (forgot the proper name)
Special Occurance During Training
Eagle Eyes: Marksman aptitude during training was excellent for a new recruit, with accuracy Pre training honed with use from parents' hunting rifles. (A damn good shot, earned the nickname Eagle-Eye)
Equipment:
Basic Marine Armor
M6D Magnum handgun
Sniper Rifle
2 Frag Grenades
Ammo for both weapons

Is there anything I need to adjust? If DMR's are still a thing (I am fairly sure they are still a thing, if my limited lore knowledge serves me well), and a sniper rifle is not allowed, Imma take a DMR instead
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:32:22 am by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:44 am »

Just a quick update.

The CMA were disbanded a few months after Harvest was glassed, all CMA units were either merged into the Military Police or the UNSC.

For scoring in the 85-100% Zone of the Advanced Marksmanship Training you would be able to apply for Dedicated Marksman Training, which would unlock the:
M392 Designated Marksman Rifle and the
Sniper Rifle System 99C-S2 Anti-Matériel Rifle (Now called Sniper Rifle from now on.)

Right now just for scoring high on the Marksmanship Training you would be able to request the BR55 Heavy Battle Service Rifle (BR55HBSR) (Now called the Battle Rifle from now on.) Rather than the standard issue MA5B Individual Combat Weapon System (MA5B Assault Rifle, there are many models of this one so I'll keep the MA5[Letter] Prefix).
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:24 am »

So do the Dedicated Marksman Training?

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:23 pm »

After handing in the "I managed to finish training!" form in to the CO of your unit you ask him about applying for Dedicated Marksman Training.

"Uh... Sir, permission to speak freely Sir?"

"Granted, at ease."

"Where can I apply for Dedicated Marksmanship Training?"

"Funnily enough, Private we have an ODST Squad stationed here just for that purpose, you can find them either in the mess hall or at the range."

"Thank you Sir."

"You're Welcome, Private."

Where to now? To the Mess hall to possibly meet the ODST Squad and pick up a snack or straight to the range, to try and find them there?

((Woohoo! I'm horrible at making stuff up as I go along! That and its 4AM as I type this.))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:52:28 am »

Head to the Mess, to talk to the ODST's

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:13:17 am »

You quickly decide to go to the Mess Hall, to hopefully find the ODST's there.

As you walk in you see their distinctive black armor and start walking towards them.
When you get nearby one of them calls out to you mockingly, saying: "Hey, guys, check out this piece of fresh meat, eh? I wonder what the little Recruit wants?"

When you reach them you ask them about the Marksman Training.
"Yeah, yeah, very funny. I've actually come over here to ask about Dedicated Marksmanship Training."

"What about it, Recruit?"

"I scored highly on the Advanced Marksmanship Test, I was wondering if I could apply for the Dedicated Training for it."

"Heaps of recruits score 'highly' on the Marksmanship test, what makes you think you can do better than the other fifty that have asked us today?"

"I scored 94% on the Advanced Marksmanship Test, I think I can handle whatever you guys can throw at me."

"Ok then, if you still think you're up to the task meet at the Range in... oh say about four hours, We'll test you then."

"I'll be there."

So, now you've got a few hours to waste what are you going to do?