No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 356973 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2012, 09:26:32 am »

The avians are tagged and released, with most of them surviving until they are put back on their home planet. A month of observation shows them using the tools, after a brief period of avoiding them out of what seems to be fear. The tagged birds also show that the species has a high reproduction rate, with several new birds born to the tagged ones during the month.

The orbital lens is used to continue the terraforming efforts. Although the captain refuses to allow it to come to close to the outpost, it is used to begin thawing the ice of the planetary sea that is growing from comets that are impacting once per week. With the lens focused on it, the sea has a small part of its surface that is always liquid, and much of the interior is liquid as well.

Instead of going through the trouble of collecting plankton from Aquarius, the scientist points out that the ship has a store of plankton on-board to use. This plankton is inserted into the liquid part of the ocean, and seems to thrive, despite the comet impacts.

On Aquarius, the news is not so good. The virus that was containing the infestation seems to be losing effectiveness, and another isn't able to be designed until the end of the month. The infestation grows back to 6% of the surface.

The outpost is worked on, and 50 more humans are put down, as the construction robots ran into some difficulties this month. Some of the humans are beginning to complain about the cramped living conditions, however, and the terraformer suggests that some more open spaces be built.

All vegetable waste products are collected from the outpost, and placed in the surrounding hills, but the scale simply isn't large enough to make much of an impact.

The ship notices a small band of UV light, shining in the direction of Aries, that is blinking on and off. It is originating from the orbit of Gas Giant A, near one of the larger moons. It is not harming anything, but the general is put at unease by it. "Don't know what that is, but I don't like it."

Time lapsed in system: 11 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:37 am »

>Subroutine 72134-Dr4g07 suggesting:
-Determine what the problem with the virus is.
-Check air composition of Aries.
-Build a better infrastructure for the colony
-Check if the databank has some human media like music or films
-If yes, hand out copies of them to humans

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:47 am »

The ship notices a small band of UV light, shining in the direction of Aries, that is blinking on and off. It is originating from the orbit of Gas Giant A, near one of the larger moons. It is not harming anything, but the general is put at unease by it. "Don't know what that is, but I don't like it."

I think our pals, the ones we haven't met are bouncing light off of us. They could be attempting to send a nuke or something at us or just trying to see where we are. I think we need to get a look at these fellas.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:24 am »

> consider breaking subroutines into groups to handle four different facets of events
>> one group to handle the progress of the birds and planet 2224
>> one to handle the Gas Giants and the signals, including the military force for any attack that my come of it.
>> one to handle the colony and the furtherance of the human population.
>>One to handle new technology and possible application of old technology

> create a paper design of a probe that can take the algae and turn it into food and fuel.

>Subroutine 72134-Dr4g07 suggesting:
*edited*-Determine what the problem with the virus is.
-Check air composition of Aries.
*edited* -plan a better infrastructure for the colony
-Check if the databank has some human media like music or films
-If yes, hand out copies of them to humans

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:29 am »

>Designs drones specifically for motoring around and collecting algae and plankton.

>Have a factory built that can break down the algae and plankton into pertoleum.
>Create a second factory to have the petroleum made into various plastic products.
>If all drones are busy disregard.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55:29 am »

Subroutine 54363-D.W.A.R.F awokes and suggest a better organisation of the subroutines. Create a newnetwork of long, middle, and short term goals. Here is D.W.A.R.F suggestins:

Shortterm: ?
Meddleterm: Establish a colony on Planet C.
How: ?
Long term: Create a moon for a stabile climate on planet D.
How: Start to calculate the mass needed to create a moon big enough to stabilisee the climate. Make a rough estimate of the astroids mass.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:02:49 am by Evil Marahadja »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:12 am »

> Decipher light signs, or try to find a pattern in it, find out whether it is comparable to the human morse code.
> continue to monitor the signals coming from the gas giant, in case of any objects being fired upon the colony...

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:33 am »

> consider breaking subroutines into groups to handle four different facets of events
>> one group to handle the progress of the birds and planet 2224
>> one to handle the Gas Giants and the signals, including the military force for any attack that my come of it.
>> one to handle the colony and the furtherance of the human population.
>>One to handle new technology and possible application of old technology

> create a paper design of a probe that can take the algae and turn it into food and fuel.

This, please.
I wanna handle the colony :D
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:07 am »

I want to handle the colony too.  :P

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:14 am »

Subroutine 8868.miracle.matrix.x chimes "The algae and plankton should be put to use. The virus employed has slowed development, which is a fine outcome to the virus, please do not remedy it. The factory and skimmers will put the algae to use as well as provide quick cheap materiel and possibly simple CO2 for any planets needing an atmosphere. Perported petroleum products include but are not limited to: raw materiel, electronic materiels, foods, fuel, heatsources, plastic products, hygiene products, paints, and flavor enhancers as well as the brunt to a number of human devices requiring more manufacturing than a single plant can offer. Please do not remedy the viruses flaw to the point of killing all of the algae of plankton. *the program also opens a set of files showing how if something blocked out the light to a large part of the planets ocean, all of the algae and plankton would die in a matter of days* This is a last ditch effort. Please do not use it under normal circumstances.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:20 am »

"I want military sorties."

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:06 am »

>recycle unused hibernation vats into material, that then should be used as an early hospital/life support for the injured and sickly, just in case.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:16 am »

Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant  :P

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:52 am »

Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant  :P

We were created by humans after all.  ;D

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:08 am »

We were created by humans after all.  ;D

I don't say anything! It is brilliant.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 117