Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How should I punish the unbelivers?  (Read 3116 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: How should I punish the unbelivers?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 05:17:31 pm »

Woah woah woah. You punish those who idolize carp? Carp are a great and mighty power and a testament to Armok's strength! Or were. Thou should not be punished for idolizing them!

When they turn into slimy, half carp aberations who thirst for dwarf blood, you will find otherwise. The Carp God must have had a fall from grace, as it were. Ah, Modding, adding secret !!FUN!! since 1994

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 07:32:55 pm »

What's the description text for when dwarves like elves?

"for their grace"

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »

death by kitten overload(just pit them with loads of kittens) armok will be ok with you useing dogs it you must.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 07:50:44 pm »

Woah woah woah. You punish those who idolize carp? Carp are a great and mighty power and a testament to Armok's strength! Or were. Thou should not be punished for idolizing them!

This is very true, however OP also mentioned they like elves. Elves being the most hated scum of Armok's glorious kingdom, anyone who looks up to these scoundrels must surely be below them themselves! This filth cannot be allowed to persist in the mighty halls of Armok's faithful!

I'm fond of the labyrinth idea, I may try that in my next fortress. However, my favourite has to be carving out a small, dank hollow deep in the bowels of my fortress (far enough away to avoid tantrum spirals, also.) and have them all thrown in there. I then order one to be killed, and his body left with the others to rot.
The less lucky heretics spend their final months in a pitch black pit, starving and surrounded by the smog of decay. I find that often they go mad and attack each other. Perhaps out of hunger, perhaps out of mercy!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:21 pm »

One, because it's funny. Two, because some of the people who have carp, elves, zombies, and demons in their prefrences are really a latent threat that could explode into a horrifying doomy doom of doom because Meph thinks it's funny. Well, not elves. Carp, Demons, zombies, yes.  Oh, and three because useless migrants are useless. Remember, if they study the refuse pile, execute them.
Wouldn't the better solution be giving them caged elves, demons and carp to admire?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 08:40:36 pm »

The Horrifying Doomy Doom of Doom bit is what I was getting at. Leaving them alone is not an option. Isolating them in an arena, however, and wiating for them to turn, could work. Theoretically.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:29 pm »

Wait, I thought Armok was the creator god of this universe, which strongly suggests that he likes, or at least tolerates elves.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:48 pm »

Wait, I thought Armok was the creator god of this universe, which strongly suggests that he likes, or at least tolerates elves.
Think of it like an annoying byproduct of a reaction. An example is, if you're lighting a fire for warmth, an unwanted byproduct(exceptions aside) is produced: smoke. Elves are the 'smoke' of the 'fire'.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:06 pm »

But Armok is all powerful in worldgen. All that needs to be done is delete [ENTITY_FOREST] and blam, no more elves.
Pages: 1 [2]