Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How should I punish the unbelivers?  (Read 3120 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
How should I punish the unbelivers?
« on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:45 am »

So, I have a number of dwarves that like Elves, Carp, and other Armok forsaken things ( And facehuggers, carp god cultists and whatever, but that's modded). How should I best slay these heritics, so that their passing cleanses the world of their filth?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: How should I punish the unbelivers?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:17:09 am »

So, I have a number of dwarves that like Elves, Carp, and other Armok forsaken things ( And facehuggers, carp god cultists and whatever, but that's modded). How should I best slay these heritics, so that their passing cleanses the world of their filth?
The Magma Sea is your friend.  ;)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:42 am »

But that is so passe. It should be slow. And Painful.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:33:26 am »

Find a forgotten beast with deadly dust, have the troops who slayed it bath in a carefully isolated well, and then have the heretics remove their shoes, socks, and boots and tell them to go wander in the puddles of poison that will have formed around the well. If you're lucky, the extract will cause gradual expulsion of blood from the body. Truly, there is no greater celebration to Armok than forcing blood slowly and painfully out of a heretics feet.

Or throw them into the air over a very deep pit with using a drawbridge. If you do it right, they survive the fall with severe wounds. The ones who live long enough to heal will starve once the vermin runs out.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03:42 am »

But that is so passe. It should be slow. And Painful.

A deep shaft that goes down to the magma sea with a set of drawbridges spaced between 3-4 z-levels in it. Slowly drop them down deeper and deeper into oblivion while inuring injuries and watching more and more of their comrades succumb to their injuries after each fall before hitting the magma sea.

On the other hand, you could always make a maze like the the labyrinth of Knossos. Simply carve out a large maze, and drop a few large and powerful beasts into it. Every now and then drop some captives into the maze and watch as your problem sorts itself out in those dark tunnels amidst howls and screams.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:06:09 am by Flare »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 02:37:50 am »

Ban these parias in an underground cavern.

Put them in a squad with copper weapons/armor on training down there with only a water source and a makeshift farm then seal them away. Watch them as they drop against wildlife, FBs or lack of booze.

If that doesn't work, at least you will have a safe cavern.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:47:45 am »

Magma is too honorable a death for them. Put them in a pit with captured wild cave crocodiles.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 10:16:15 am »

Dump the carp-lovers in a pool of ravenous Carp. They will be eaten by those that they love.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

What's the description text for when dwarves like elves? 

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:21 am »

Expose them to huskifiying clouds, then drop them to the magma sea. They will leave forever there, melting slowly.

Of couse, you need the husk clouds in the first place, but if you have these, is the most efective way of torture that i can imagine.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:42 am »

Indeed, since husks technically still contain the soul while other undead don't.

Capture carp, train them. Expose them to evil clouds. Expose traitorous heretics to husk-carp.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:21 am »

Have them bitten by werebeasts and confine them in a room with no way out. Pull the lever that activates the wooden spike traps in that aforementioned room until they start vomiting a few days after every full moon.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 12:00:58 pm »

Why exactly are you killing them again?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »

Why exactly are you killing them again?

One, because it's funny. Two, because some of the people who have carp, elves, zombies, and demons in their prefrences are really a latent threat that could explode into a horrifying doomy doom of doom because Meph thinks it's funny. Well, not elves. Carp, Demons, zombies, yes.  Oh, and three because useless migrants are useless. Remember, if they study the refuse pile, execute them.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »

Woah woah woah. You punish those who idolize carp? Carp are a great and mighty power and a testament to Armok's strength! Or were. Thou should not be punished for idolizing them!
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: [1] 2