Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just a hypothetical moat/wall/crevasse question...  (Read 1547 times)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just a hypothetical moat/wall/crevasse question...
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

I wonder if an enemy subject to rapid ranged attacks could be forced to chain dodge across a gap without bothering to fall and land in between.
I don't think it'd work with multiple attack sources, since dodging into mid-air would probably turn the unit into a projectile (and make it immune to further attacks until it landed).

Multiple attacks from the same source, however, are definitely capable of doing this: I've trained soldiers in a danger room before, and I've seen them jump over 5 tiles at once when struck by 10 training spears, and I suspect that it'd also work with standard weapon traps...

Hmmm, good point, I've seen soldiers splat into walls and leave bloodstains three tiles away in the danger room as well now that I think more about it.

Guess I'll avoid moats and trenches and just stick with an exterior wall and roof when I want security.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Re: Just a hypothetical moat/wall/crevasse question...
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 06:26:00 am »

Dodging over a moat is very unlikely, just add a wall later just to be sure.
Pages: 1 [2]