Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FB arena!  (Read 728 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
FB arena!
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

So, Due to a fluke, Most of my FB spawns can't reach my fortress. I was considering building a device by which to dispense it nobles and potashmakers, and so on. Would a retracting bridge in the ceiling be sufficent to both keep out cave swallows, and drop them (relatively) unharmed to the beast below? ANd would burrowing them on the drawbridge be enough to get the there?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FB arena!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:11:31 pm »

1) I think so, if the bridge covers the entire opening.

2) Yes, it'll drop them. How unharmed depends on how far they fall and what they land on.

3) Maybe. I've had the best luck with putting them in a squad that is stationed on said bridge.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »

So, Due to a fluke, Most of my FB spawns can't reach my fortress. I was considering building a device by which to dispense it nobles and potashmakers, and so on. Would a retracting bridge in the ceiling be sufficent to both keep out cave swallows, and drop them (relatively) unharmed to the beast below? ANd would burrowing them on the drawbridge be enough to get the there?
Sounds about right. Just make sure there are no diagonals that something could slip in by-- You just know one of those FBs is going to gain flying.

How high are you thinking for the drop? you don't want them to die on impact before they get to have some playtime with the undulating mud monsters.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:21:52 pm »

5 z levels is probably enough. I wouldn;t spare them the pleasure of having their entire body swell until the explode in a pool of blood, which is what this latest monstrocity does.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:32 pm »

Well, technically, any fall can be fatal if they land on their heads, but unless from it's something crazy like 20 z's (the splatting distance was increased semi-recently; I'm not sure how how high something has to fall now to explode, no save, but from experience I can say that it's definitely quite a bit more than 10 z's) they should at least theoretically be able to survive with just a few pulverized bones, and 'crippled' doesn't mean much when you're already facing a towering quadruped made of granite of whose deadly spittle you should beware.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies