Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stupid UristMcFoodMan  (Read 4041 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Stupid UristMcFoodMan
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 12:57:32 am »

Do you have a necromancer?
a necro would make it worse, I had one of my dogs killed by a wild bear, then a necro raised the dog before anyone noticed it died, now I have the dog perpetually missing, and another entry for the raised dog that was killed.
Well actually I was going to suggest that the bunny be raised from the dead by the necro... :P

I'm going on a hunch by saying that since necros remove pet tags and the like (undead cats used to adopt people), resurrecting the bunny and then killing it where no one can see would fix the problem.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 01:43:35 am »

as long as you make sure someone finds the bunny body first before raising it so the bunny is declared deceased, unless of course that you want it to be permanently missing.

After the bunny gets raised it becomes a new creature, and the bunny body can never be found, since the body now is the new undead creature.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 01:45:04 am »

as long as you make sure someone finds the bunny body first before raising it so the bunny is declared deceased, unless of course that you want it to be permanently missing.
This is good. No unhappy thoughts.

After the bunny gets raised it becomes a new creature, and the bunny body can never be found, since the body now is the new undead creature.
If it is killed and someone finds the corpse corpse, it's still recognizable as the missing pet.

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING] noobishness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:58 am »

Sorry guys, but I don't have ANYTHING, necro or otherwise, that can raise the bunny.
Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 02:39:53 am »

Sorry guys, but I don't have ANYTHING, necro or otherwise, that can raise the bunny.
Tried setting the Dwarf on fire?

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:47 am »

No way that I know of without magma to set him on fire with.
Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Kie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 09:25:43 am »

they feed their pets?!
With the best food they can find. It's not uncommon for a Dwarf to attempt to feed a yak roasted yak for example...

Woah wait one sec. So I don't have to pasture pets? Or do dwarves not feed them enough? I usually pasture all pasture animals outside to spot/be slain by ambushes, especially since I can't butcher the owned ones.
Vae Victis

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:17 am »

Send a military squad near the bunny's body, if they can see it won't be missing anymore. I wonder how the bunny drowned...
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Fnear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:41 am »

I swear my dwarves keep throwing pets down the well (which overflows into my central mist generator).  I only notice when I get a message that someone's pet goose has collided with an obstacle (the grate on the first level the waterfall goes through).  There's also a dead baby in the well.  I've now deconstructed that well...  I had another fort though where I had a lot of dwarves falling into a well and actually added a door at the bottom and a drain for the water that flows out with them so they could walk out.

Dwarves are stupid.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 08:41:18 pm »

If it is killed and someone finds the corpse corpse, it's still recognizable as the missing pet.
Not sure if it's different with pets, but my regular dog, got killed and raised before anyone could find the dog corpse, then the raised dog corpse got killed and the dog corpse corpse got seen, my original living dog stayed missing and the raised dog corpse corpse was declared as deceased, no change to the original missing dog that was killed and raised.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 02:04:35 am »

Not sure if it's different with pets, but my regular dog, got killed and raised before anyone could find the dog corpse, then the raised dog corpse got killed and the dog corpse corpse got seen, my original living dog stayed missing and the raised dog corpse corpse was declared as deceased, no change to the original missing dog that was killed and raised.
Was it a named dog? Because when I cleared out my undead pets they were all recognized.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 08:44:28 pm »

Was it a named dog? Because when I cleared out my undead pets they were all recognized.
Nope, just plain ole "stray dog", no name for killing many enemies, no one's pet.

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »

Send a military squad near the bunny's body, if they can see it won't be missing anymore. I wonder how the bunny drowned...
Shall try this too.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

I have a dwarf with several pet cavies that intermitentaly spams job cancellation "Pet Inaccessible" messages. Is this because one of them is dead and not found? There are 4 listed on his relationship screen, but I can only zoom to two of them.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 [2]