Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stupid UristMcFoodMan  (Read 4049 times)

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING] noobishness.
    • View Profile
Stupid UristMcFoodMan
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »

I have a dwarf (UristMcFoodMan) and he spams messages that he can't feed his pet because his bunny drowned. Ideas on how to get rid of him?
Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid UristMcFoodMan
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:10 pm »

In this world we'd give him a hug and help him bury his pet, in the world of DF we'd burn him into black smoke by dropping him in a volcano.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »

Has the rabbit been reported dead? Maybe you could try using DFHack to autodump the corpse on dry land and have it found so that the dwarf knows it's dead, or get the corpse out manually. Or you could lock the dwarf in his bedroom, which would stop the spam temporarily and then permanently.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »

how useful is said dwarf? If not so useful, perhaps assign him to prospecting the bottom of a magma pipe
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:51:43 am »

Do you have a necromancer?

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:20:16 am »

they feed their pets?!
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:49 am »

they feed their pets?!

Not very reliably, but yes.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 06:51:33 am »

they feed their pets?!
With the best food they can find. It's not uncommon for a Dwarf to attempt to feed a yak roasted yak for example...

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:18 am »

Important note here is that ALL animals on the same square will be fed.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

Do you suppose it works like this with caged animals? Ie: if there are a dozen pandas in a cage and someone feeds them some bamboo they all get fed?

..I need to try caging most of my useless peasants in order to reduce their food/alcohol intake. All of them can gnaw on the same plump helmet.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:02 am »

Do you suppose it works like this with caged animals? Ie: if there are a dozen pandas in a cage and someone feeds them some bamboo they all get fed?

..I need to try caging most of my useless peasants in order to reduce their food/alcohol intake. All of them can gnaw on the same plump helmet.

I usually get flooded with plump helmets even with one or two 2x2 or 3x3 farms, I wish they would drink and eat more than they do.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING] noobishness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 06:24:58 pm »

Has the rabbit been reported dead? Maybe you could try using DFHack to autodump the corpse on dry land and have it found so that the dwarf knows it's dead, or get the corpse out manually. Or you could lock the dwarf in his bedroom, which would stop the spam temporarily and then permanently.
No it hasn't been reported yet. I shall try this. As for the bedroom idea I am trying to do that now but he is really occupied with being annoying.
how useful is said dwarf? If not so useful, perhaps assign him to prospecting the bottom of a magma pipe
This is a new fort and it hasn't struck magma yet. And he is just a farmer. We have 2 others and thats enough for a small fort.
You mean like an invading one? If so, nope.

Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:13 pm »

He is just a filthy peasant farmer.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 08:17:09 pm »

a necro would make it worse, I had one of my dogs killed by a wild bear, then a necro raised the dog before anyone noticed it died, now I have the dog perpetually missing, and another entry for the raised dog that was killed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »

Well, the necromancer could help the farmer feed its pet bunny...once devouring flesh is implemented, at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2