Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass murder, Uncanny Valley style  (Read 2322 times)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
Mass murder, Uncanny Valley style
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:54 am »

So, in this story I play the part of an elf who managed to make enemies with a human town. I went out with a mercenary from the town and, long story short, kind of accidentally attacked and killed him. So as I come back to town at night, I realize that everyone in the first house I wander into is trying to kill me. I cut them all down (miraculously, I still had a wooden sword).

Then, since it's night, I want to power-level some skills, and nobody in this podunk place is going to talk to me anyway, I sneak around and stabbity-stab everyone in the village to death. Then I realize I'm covering the same ground multiple times, clearing the same houses over and over... new humans seem to have spawned in buildings that still contain the corpses of their previous occupants. The whole experience was vaguely unsettling, like some trippy guilt hallucination. Is this a bug?

Now, whenever I go to another human town and try to talk to people, everyone says, "Don't talk to me." and promptly comes charging after me alone. How does DF law carry over from town to town? I'm trying to figure out if I'm still wanted for murder or if there have just been rumors of me slaughtering an entire town, and then slaughtering it again, shortly before slaughtering it again.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Mass murder, Uncanny Valley style
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:02:47 am »

You are now hostile to that entire civ, your best bet is to find another human civ.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:08:51 am »

Huh... lovely. I just *had* to spawn a small world with only 2 human civs... And I think I pissed off the larger one.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:31:57 am »

Just be nice to the smaller civ, and train up your skills and kills on the larger one.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »

Yes.

Now you have permission to slaughter a great many humans!

Massacre them all and bathe the world in their blood.

:D

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 12:09:53 pm »

Make friends to the other civ and start a war. Lead this war.
Make your civilization the biggest. Join Legends yourself.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

Go rogue and slaughter your entire mother civ.

Oh wait...
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »

Then I realize I'm covering the same ground multiple times, clearing the same houses over and over... new humans seem to have spawned in buildings that still contain the corpses of their previous occupants. The whole experience was vaguely unsettling, like some trippy guilt hallucination. Is this a bug?

Yeah I've noticed finding new soldiers in a fortress after having cleared the entire thing of occupants (all of them following me) before. Look over on the bugtracker it might have some information on whether this is a bug or not.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:58 am »

On a related note, I've seen the same soldiers/occupants (name, job and everything) respawning after they've been killed.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 11:50:10 am »

On a related note, I've seen the same soldiers/occupants (name, job and everything) respawning after they've been killed.
i've recruited 5 pikemen from the same castle with the exact same name, desc, everything. they respawned, probably some sort of bug.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »

Maybe it's a new bug? Because I remember that !!science!! thread where someone used an adventurer to kill absolutely everything in a pocket world with a name. Insta-spawns would make that impossible.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »

Yep, that's bug 0005106. It got introduced in 0.34.01.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »

Ah, thank you very much. /thread