Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You are a street vendor!  (Read 1710 times)

OscomGafarade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a street vendor!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 03:43:00 pm »

Take a good look at your surroundings, and try to find some potential Slavic customers.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 03:52:32 pm »

You tell her, "Sugar provides a great short term energy boost, and although you are running to burn calories, you'll quickly burn the sugar of the cola and be able to run for a longer distance than if you drink the diet. It's still, of course... your call, but I'm not in the shape I'm in by drinking Diet Cola, that's for sure. "

She opens the cola you have gave her and sits a $1 on your cart. She says, "Maybe this is better. I'll give it a try."

She looks at you briefly, and then meets your eyes with a flirtatious glance. "Yeah.. I can see... you must work out a lot, huh? Say, would you like to come running with me today? You can certainly close up the cart for a little while.... right?"

You eye her warily and notice she does not seem to be of Slavic origin, which for some reason is not appealing to you.
There are many options coming to mind "No thanks. I have other customers. "

She frowns slightly and walks away.

A middle aged man with three leashed dogs comes to the cart, and shouts over the barking of his dogs "I'll have a plain hot dog, and a Cola!"

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »

Ignore the man, jump dramatically over your hotdog stand (after taking the time to carefully lock it up) and chase after the woman whilst the rain pours dramatically down.

"Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. You're the only customer I've ever had. Can we still run or something?"

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »

Haha +1 to that. XD

She needs to turn round and turn back to face him, then run towards him in slowmo to epic music.
Then one of them needs to stop out of breath and claim they're not used to running so far. :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 04:10:02 pm »

You see her, jogging off down the concrete pathway, the beautiful blue water on her right side, and the lush green park on her left. Something strikes a nerve with you... she may not be Slavic, but she may in fact be beautiful. But she's fast and quickly escaping.

You lock up your hotdog cart and attempt to jump over it. As you reach the apex of your jump, it is not nearly far enough to clear the cart, and you tumble headfirst over your cart and onto the ground below, your face and hands taking the brunt of the impact. Your hands skid along the concrete, and are are abraded and raw. Your chin takes a worse impact, getting cut on the concrete. You get up, wipe the small spot of blood off your chin, and run after her.

She's running down the path, and cuts left towards the center of the park. It's an uphill run, but there's a huge crowd of people on the concrete path ... she makes her way through them but you may not be able to run at a speed sufficient to catch up with her. Do you want to follow the path, or run across the grass?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »

Totally run across the grass.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »

You take off across the grass, arms pumping . You are starting to breathe heavy now, and with every footstep up this fairly steep hill it seems like your heart labors harder.
You can see the top of her head as she turns right, heading towards the edge of the park, on a path that leads back into the city. The sky has turned dark, and it smells like rain. Just as you reach the top of the hill, the rain starts pouring down. Within thirty seconds, you are soaked and the many people who were having a good day in the park now are not.
There's one more hill left to climb before you can follow her on the path to the city, but the grass is now slick from the rain. You can take a smaller path that runs parallel to the one she's on, but it means pushing your way past all the people running to their cars.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:23 pm »

They're running from the rain and are likely to flee our horrifying blood covered face. Take the path!

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

You take off down the pathway. It seems like there is a never ending throng of people headed down this path, each slightly rushing as the rain continues to beat down. You hear the echo of thunder around you, and lightning starts flashing in the horizon. With each thunderclap, a concerned mother or uncertain toddler makes a sound of concern.

As you get closer to the edge of the park, the crowd is too thick to get through easily, you extend your arm and start gently pushing people out of the way, occasionally saying "Excuse me" or "Pardon me" or "Coming through!"

The love of your life is escaping. You see her turn onto the sidewalk outside of the park's fences, and she's now picked up the pace and is in a fast stride. Your shoves become more forceful with each person you pass.

The colors of their shirts blur past you, and you feel more and more resistance to each of your pushes. Now the people are calling back to you, "Hey!" , or "Watch it!".  By the time you get to the end of the path you notice that you have knocked down a half dozen people into the muddy flowerbeds beside the walking path. There are many angry faces staring back at you, mouthing their own insults towards you.

You continue running , turning left when you exit the parks wrought iron gates. She crosses a busy intersection just as the light turns read, and is now heading down Forsythia street. You look to your right - there's a never ending stream of cars coming from the park, and the crosswalk is a long way down the road. You can either continue down the sidewalk or cross here.

OscomGafarade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »

Hijack a car.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 04:56:45 pm »

Touch your face and hold your hands up to the traffic and people, crying, "I've got bloodherpes! Outta my way! This man needs a doctor!"

Cross there.
Pages: 1 [2]