Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are a street vendor!  (Read 1708 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a street vendor!
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »

It's another beautiful day in Bay City. You've positioned your hot dog cart in the park, on a raised sidewalk overlooking the bay itself. There are all kinds of people in the park, so today should be a good day for business. As you set up and turn the hot dog boilers on, a bearded man in a white shirt and khaki shorts comes up and says,

"Give me two hot dogs, one with ketchup, and one with nothing on it."
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:18:45 pm by Mullet Master »

OscomGafarade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a street vendor!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »

Throw him into a wall to knock him unconscious, and then kick him in the head. This kills him.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:18 pm »

"Only if you tell me why hot dogs come in packs of eight but buns come in packs of ten."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »

Sure thing sir. That would be 5$.

Give him what he asked for. Don't cook the hot-dog, he didn't ask for them to be cooked, and cooking emits greenhouse gas anyway.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:17:52 pm »

Do what he says. You need business.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 03:18:24 pm »

You quickly open the package of hotdogs, and say to him , "Only if you tell me why hot dogs come in packs of eight but buns come in packs of ten.". He laughs and says, "Yeah, I know pal. It's a pain!"

... You secretly hate your job. You wish that you could throw guys like these into the wall sometime. I mean, look at his stupid hat. What kind of sports team is that? You could just kick him in the head.

You take the hotdogs out of the package, slap them on the buns and pour ketchup on one. You hand him the hotdogs and he looks confused. "Hey, mister... these aren't even cooked... "

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »

"They're healthier that way."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

OscomGafarade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 03:22:55 pm »

UNLEASH your rage onto the rude customer.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:23:48 pm »

Apologise calmly and considerately and offer him a 50% off voucher for next time.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »

Tell him you hate your job, and you were just trying to make conversation to brighten up the day. Then cook them. (Make sure to over cook them a little, mind...)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 03:30:05 pm »

You blink a few times. Somewhere within, there is seething rage that you hope to unleash one day, but today is not the day. You have wasted your precious hotdogs, and definitely will not earn any profit off of those two. You say,
"I'm sorry. I guess I'm not fully awake today. Throw those out, I will make you another two, and if you come back tomorrow, I'll give you a 50% discount."

He waits patiently as you throw two more hotdogs in the boiling water. You wait for 1 minute, making the hotdog only tepid in temperature. You put the hotdogs on the buns, squirt ketchup onto one, and hand him the hotdogs. He takes a bite out of one, and hands you $4 in cash. He walks off without another word.

A tall blonde woman in running attire comes to you and says, "Do you have any Diet Cola? I'm parched."

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

GIVE HER THE NON DIET.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAAAHH!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »

"Yep, that'll be twenty bucks please." Then look up. "Oh hai. For a fellow runner I'll do you one for a dollar."

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:36 pm »

You decide it would be better throughout the workday if you try to keep it more light hearted. You say,
"Yep, that'll be twenty bucks please."
You then look up at her, and smile while saying, "Oh hai. For a fellow runner I'll do you one for a dollar."

She smiles back at you, and you hand her the regular cola. She frowns and looks at the cola. You think you hear something about "calories..."

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 03:42:13 pm »

Meh, say you misheard and swap it for the diet one, and a disclaimer that days if she collapses while running it's not your fault for not giving her enough sugar?
I dunno, this is getting wierd. XD
Pages: [1] 2