Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bored, how to get more FUN?  (Read 3954 times)

Snowdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bored, how to get more FUN?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »

Find the dwarves with the most friends and have them them killed and keep doing this until you have tantrums.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 03:35:37 pm »

next time up the difficulty and throw in some more evil races  :D

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »

Why haven't you dug?!  :o
I always dig due to my thirst for magma, My typical embark lacks coal so metal is limited till i hit the bubbly! Once you see the shiny adamantine you will have to dig some, at least a bit, I mean, just how dangerous could a couple of strands be...

We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 05:57:02 pm »

Make sure you don't just have a boring embark.  If you're not getting dessicating mists aboveground, and hordes of malignant beasts in your caverns, find a terrifying biome to play.  Do titans still exist in your world?

Are you drowning or magmatizing EVERY non-dwarven caravan who comes through in order to trigger constant sieges from every non-dwarven race on the map?  I guess if you want to leave contraptions alone, you could just seize all their goods until they attack as well.  At least that's what to do if you want to force the issue and really put your fort to a test.
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Lok_Die

• Escaped Lunatic
  • waht?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

Separate your fortress to 6 subforts, each 4 z-levels high consisting of 20 dwarves each. Do this in such a way that you can expand  to more subforts once more migrants come. I'm sure you have trader migrants outside doing nothing right? Once your subforts are all self sustaining and independent of each other, start up a loyalty cascade. All your subforts are now at war with each other. Have fun.

You just gave me this epic vision of 7 forts being the supporting pillars of the mega fort that they support.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 06:57:17 am »

Separate your fortress to 6 subforts, each 4 z-levels high consisting of 20 dwarves each. Do this in such a way that you can expand  to more subforts once more migrants come. I'm sure you have trader migrants outside doing nothing right? Once your subforts are all self sustaining and independent of each other, start up a loyalty cascade. All your subforts are now at war with each other. Have fun.

You just gave me this epic vision of 7 forts being the supporting pillars of the mega fort that they support.
Bonus points if each of the support forts can be collapsed by a single lever in the dining room.  Better keep that happiness up!
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:01 am »

If you have an aquifer or river, create an obsidian industry. From that point on, replace all buildings, furniture and constructions with obsidian and trade exclusively in obsidian crafts.
Alternatively, if you have sand, start a clear glass industry. Again, replace everything possible with clear glass and encrust everything else with cut clear glass.
If you are on a biome that freeze for a part of the year, create an above ground ice fortress.
If you aren't, build a soap fortress.
I don't know if this is still possible, but you could also use the bolt melting exploit to create large amounts of blue stuff and do the above with it.
You could also create 5 sub-forts and try all 5 simultaneously.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."
Pages: 1 [2]