Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please Sign a petition to oppose the latest threat to the internet: CISPA  (Read 8995 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

You know, I bet you could destroy the BNP if you got a bunch of people who don't believe in anything the BNP does to force their way into the party ranks and cause ideological chaos.

In fact, that sounds like it would be hilarious.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

In england, all the politicians are stupid.

And all of them want or don't care about internet asphyxiation.

Wasn't the BNP actually ordered to accept black people into their ranks after an anti-discrimination suit?

Surprisingly, someone actually applied.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

They have 8 local councillors (down from 50 not long ago), zero MPs and are pretty much bankrupt.  They've done a perfectly good job of destroying themselves (or maybe somebody already put that plan into action, who knows).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

They have 8 local councillors (down from 50 not long ago), zero MPs and are pretty much bankrupt.  They've done a perfectly good job of destroying themselves (or maybe somebody already put that plan into action, who knows).
Fine, I'll just destroy the Republican Party with Operation Party Chaos. Maybe practice on the Constitution Party or the Libertarians first.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I thought that's what the Tea Party was doing.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the main problem I have with our government at the moment.  Whenever something like this doesn't pass, it will just be slightly modified and they'll try and ram it through again until it does pass.  There really needs to be some kind of cooldown, but I can't think of a proper way to do it.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, petitions are pretty much useless, and even if you do stop it, they'll just make another one in a similar format. Protests kinda work, at least they get you media attention. But the US is run by corporations more than it's run by citizens, so good luck with it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

This is the main problem I have with our government at the moment.  Whenever something like this doesn't pass, it will just be slightly modified and they'll try and ram it through again until it does pass.  There really needs to be some kind of cooldown, but I can't think of a proper way to do it.

I can think of several very desirable ways that this might be accomplished, unfortunately they all end up with me being sentenced to either life imprisonment or the electric chair, so they're not very practical.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:37:06 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 2 [3]