Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Please Sign a petition to oppose the latest threat to the internet: CISPA  (Read 8998 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thanks. I'll try to do that as soon as I have time. Still, you could have at least given some of that advice in your first post. You really sounded pretty whiny at first.  :P

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile

The war never ends.
They want the internet becouse they have recently realized its ultimate tool to world domination, they are too greedy to stop at their seats.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

No, they want to vote on internet censorship laws because lobbyists pay them a lot of money to do so and they don't realize just how negative the public response is.

Remember, a lot of these people are very old, as politicians usually are. None of them were born into a time when the internet was just part of life, and a necessary one as that. They don't see how important it is because their perspective is different. This is why there needs to be more young politicians. The viewpoint of the newer generation isn't being represented in government because none of the newer generations are even in the government.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

No, they want to vote on internet censorship laws because lobbyists pay them a lot of money to do so and they don't realize just how negative the public response is.

Remember, a lot of these people are very old, as politicians usually are. None of them were born into a time when the internet was just part of life, and a necessary one as that. They don't see how important it is because their perspective is different. This is why there needs to be more young politicians. The viewpoint of the newer generation isn't being represented in government because none of the newer generations are even in the government.

I'm pretty sure that problem has existed since the beginning of politics.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In england, all the politicians are stupid.

Labour - Pussies VS Immigration, stagnates everything - if not making things worse.
Tories - Pussy on Immigration/Foreign relations, upper-class Extremists, serfdom-supporters.

Green Party - Anti-technology treehugger pussies VS Immigration.
UK Independence - Euro-Xenophobics. Pussies VS Immigration.
British National Party - Far-right anti-immigration party.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Immigration is the cause of all problems, incidentally.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Why even mention the BNP in that? They're a fringe group at best.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Immigration is the cause of all problems, incidentally.

It's only a problem because the previous governments have let it become a problem. Everything else would of been a problem, too, if they hadn't of kept an eye on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7963814.stm

^ How to form your own government party.

To be honest, I could probably have a running chance at getting into elections...

1. Form a government that attracts the main hot issues right now; Immigration and Internet Freedom.
2. Kickstarter for funding.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voted for them \o/.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I voted for them \o/.
....We're talking about the same BNP here, right? The fascists of the UK?
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

voted. signed. don't want people to think I voted BNP. they're a bunch of bigots, IMO.

also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pointing out hypocrisy in government is like pointing out that the ocean is wet.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voted for them \o/.
....We're talking about the same BNP here, right? The fascists of the UK?

Yeah. I wasn't much for politics at the time.

Labour = Failed
Tories = Bad
BNP = Something about grabbing a handle on immigration, when I was actually losing interviews for 2 years straight to immigrants.
Everyone else = nothing of interest.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's only a problem because the previous governments have let it become a problem. Everything else would of been a problem, too, if they hadn't of kept an eye on it.
Except it isn't, really.  Lack of jobs is more down to economic collapse (combined with overreliance on financial sector and huge exposure to the worst parts of the subprime sector) than immigrants magicking them away.

Labour = Failed
Tories = Bad
BNP = Something about grabbing a handle on immigration, when I was actually losing interviews for 2 years straight to immigrants.
Everyone else = nothing of interest.
I'm not sure how exactly you knew you were losing interviews to immigrants (they had their immigrant cards out I guess?).  The main thing to note is that they're not so much anti-immigration as racist.I mean, a non-racist organization doesn't forbid black people from joining or propose to repatriate all black people (including those born here).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Wasn't the BNP actually ordered to accept black people into their ranks after an anti-discrimination suit?
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep.  But the fact that they were forced to change it by law doesn't make them not racist.
Pages: 1 [2] 3