Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sun berries?  (Read 2634 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Sun berries?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 08:27:35 pm »

Sun berries are kind of rare, but if it's GOOD and WET, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them.  If you're getting fisher berries, but not sun berries, then maybe you aren't in a good biome where you're looking?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »

Heh, I'm not really worried about it myself, if they exist they'll appear, somewhere.

I'm cleaning off the map more as curiosity due to the OP's question.

I always embark on good regions by preference.  There's something about unicorn soap and unicorn meat roasts that makes me smile.  Maybe they're both magically good.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 08:44:58 pm »

Use DFHack, "getplants BERRY_SUN" or somesuch should automatically order all sunberries to be harvested, or tell you if none exist.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 08:46:12 pm »

Guess I got lucky if sunberries are rare, I just downloaded the new version and found sunberries at my first embark.  I did do a custom embark with a Proficient Plant Gatherer.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm about to abandon this fort anyway though.  Forgot to check for neighbors and I'm all alone.  I miss my gobbos.  Now it's just me and my 87 peacocks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

foreveralone.jpg

Otherwise interesting to note.  Anything unique about your location?

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 08:57:07 pm »

Use DFHack, "getplants BERRY_SUN" or somesuch should automatically order all sunberries to be harvested, or tell you if none exist.
Heh. Now that we have .06, sun berries exist again... but now that we have .06, DFHack doesn't work anymore... oh teh lulz.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »

Glorious, isn't it?  Either way, time will tell, as DFHack is updated and thus, sunberries.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »

If yo've ever looked at ThinkGeek, they sell "unicorn" meat.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:27 am »

Guess I got lucky if sunberries are rare, I just downloaded the new version and found sunberries at my first embark.  I did do a custom embark with a Proficient Plant Gatherer.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm about to abandon this fort anyway though.  Forgot to check for neighbors and I'm all alone.  I miss my gobbos.  Now it's just me and my 87 peacocks.

I'm going to count this as confirmation, and my 15 or so plant gatherers can go back to smoothing stone instead of gathering more bloody plants.  Thank you. :)

Much later, but an edit for it, since nothing shows it like a picture...you might have to squint a bit though, since I shrunk it down a touch...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If yo've ever looked at ThinkGeek, they sell "unicorn" meat.

Aye, I know, watch my forum image.  <_<
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:12:02 am by white_darkness »
Pages: 1 [2]