Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LOLOLOL, oh crap...  (Read 6938 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: LOLOLOL, oh crap...
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 12:13:59 pm »

@lungfish - please upload save with this flying critter to dffd and post link to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5278
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:02 pm »

Oof. Very well might be aquifer.

You know what that means? You have to create an awesome cliffside scaffold to get around it. Or, you know, just take the opportunity to create a metropolis entirely out of buildings hewn into the cliffside and bridges and other structures spanning the chasm :D

Markarth is a dwemer (dwarven) city hewn into the cliffs of a valley in skyrim.
I say we try to remake it, df style.

Markarth would be amazing, imo. Have fun with that.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 03:11:11 am »

Hey, is it possible to get just the world seed? I'd love to try and play it with my own mod hodgepodge.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:23 am »

You know what that means? You have to create an awesome cliffside scaffold to get around it. Or, you know, just take the opportunity to create a metropolis entirely out of buildings hewn into the cliffside and bridges and other structures spanning the chasm :D

But the dwemer were just dorfy-elves. That said, building a city into the side of a cliff / waterfall does sound pretty badass.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

It's just lungfish demonstrating their superiority over mortal species yet again.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 03:11:34 pm »

But the dwemer were just dorfy-elves. That said, building a city into the side of a cliff / waterfall does sound pretty badass.

they WERE elves. just living underground and religious sort.
/nitpicking be gone

topic: awesome embark, I once (must have been 31... version or even back in 40d) by river that was like 8 tile at its widest with one waterfall around 5 tiles wide and i remember it murdering my fps totally. had to abandon the fortress. i had awesome plans to carve my fortress into cliffs of river
at that day, i nearly regretted buying my quad-core computer

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 03:40:10 pm »

awesome embark site.  Defense-wise, I would build a 3-tile wide cliffside entrance.  Put a spill-trap on it, washing invaders over the edge.  If you do it with

W x x f F ~~~
W x x f F ~~~
W x x f F ~~~
W x x f F ~~~

with ~ = water, x = grate, f = floor, F = fort, and W = wall.  Have the grates retract.  Its 3 tiles wide so wagons should have access.  The wall will prevent mishaps, and support the other grates.  If you put diagonal walls in behind the fortifications, you'll control the flow of water well enough that invaders will get washed over without quickly emptying your reservoir.  Cons - lots of mechanical linkages to make, trolls may destroy your grates.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku
Pages: 1 [2]