Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Preparing for Dragon Breeding  (Read 8269 times)

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
Re: Preparing for Dragon Breeding
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 12:58:35 am »

Regular sponges don't have the pet tag, but giant sponges do.  Exotic, of course.
So they do, didn't see it down there at the bottom.  They also have [MOUNT_EXOTIC], which seems implausible, given that they're sessile.  Who rides them, anyways?  Hopefully goblins, because then either mount or rider would promptly drown, but I suppose it's probably cuttlefishpeople or something.

I believe you could place them in alcoves much more easily by draining their body of water til they airdrown, dumping the corpse in the desired location, and then procuring a necromancer (or evil biome) to resurrect them.  Voila!  Truly immortal arrow magnets (magma proof, non breathing, weapon proof).

They would scare your dwarves, but you could set up the alcoves to be sealable with doors or bridges or something, and not visible from inside your walls.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
The terrible secret of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 01:39:54 am »

Lungfish are vermin, so good luck with that...  And sponges don't move, so good luck taming them.  I mean, I'm sure it will happen, just need to find how.  Sponges are also strictly aquatic and will air-drown, making their war uses... less than useful.

There's only one reasonable way to deal with this:  vampiric giant war sponges!

It's sort of like combining the shover robot, Spongebob, and Twilight.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]