Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie guide please help  (Read 2538 times)

Clouded_scythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://STILL BURNING
Re: Newbie guide please help
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

I have fianlly gotten my guys to make a flood gate and all that jazz to make a farm...then one ..then two of them just stands there where the channel is and then after a while they get this weird down blue arrow

Brent Not Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 07:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Clouded_scythe:
<STRONG>I have fianlly gotten my guys to make a flood gate and all that jazz to make a farm...then one ..then two of them just stands there where the channel is and then after a while they get this weird down blue arrow</STRONG>
The blue arrow means a dwarf is thirsty. Usually they'll just go get a drink, and it's no big deal.

If they're just standing in place, it could mean they're trapped (walled themselves in, dug a channel they're on the wrong side of, etc.) and will die of thirst if you don't provide them a way out.

Clouded_scythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://STILL BURNING
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »

one more... or ten i dont know this game keps throwing me curver balls... but i have dug a channel from the near by river and have gotten it to the hole in the groun i hope to pump it into. inside there is a nice 6by6 area that is supposed to be my "farm". now i get the flood gates slightly inside with a channel leading up to it and i have it "linked" to a lever. i have a door leading into the room locked tight so no one will enter and get killed. and i activate the level and....nothing ...the flood gates just sit there then turn into normall tiles. NOTHING HAPPENS
Pages: 1 [2]