Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Error message spam  (Read 896 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Error message spam
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:45:02 am »

getting Item Inaccessible spam for a while now, I have narrowed it down to some elf merchants who managed to get themselves killed a while back and left some stuff on the map, but I cannot for the life of me find this stuff. Suggestions?

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
Re: Error message spam
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:29:54 am »

Fiand it on the z key's stocks list and forbid it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:05:48 pm »

Let a Dwarf pick it up.

OR

(o)rders, ignore error messages.

Or what the above guy said.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:37:47 pm »

If you don't know where it is, you're kind of screwed, other than randomly forbidding items.

If you have a rough idea of where it is, bulk-forbid everything in the area.  (d)-(b)-(f) I believe.  Then select the whole area where the caravan died. Your dorfs should promptly ignore everything and stop spamming you with errors.  Hopefully.

Otherwise flood the surface with magma.  That generally works.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:49:07 am »

Thanks for the responses, figuring out what the stuff was that was causing it was the hard part. It appears that the Elves decided to leave via the third cavern layer, which I hadn't even opened up yet, they found a downward passage, and it was there they met their end. They had a load of stonecrafts I had traded them and figuring out which ones they have has been a tedious chore.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:45 am »

Thanks for the responses, figuring out what the stuff was that was causing it was the hard part. It appears that the Elves decided to leave via the third cavern layer, which I hadn't even opened up yet, they found a downward passage, and it was there they met their end. They had a load of stonecrafts I had traded them and figuring out which ones they have has been a tedious chore.
mass forbid your stonecraft stockpile, then go the the z menu to forbid the rest. Then mass claim your stonecraft stockpile.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:14 am »

Brilliant!

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:57 am »

I was about to suggest something along these lines because a similar thing happened to me. Dwarves were spamming because they were looking for spears. I had killed a bunch of lizardmen in the caverns and unforbidden all the spears in the stocks list. Turns out that another group of lizardmen had been attacked by an FB and slain in an uncharted area of that same cavern layer.
 It was driving me nuts!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:03:49 am »

I've abandoned at least five forts because I got so fed up with this. It looks like you solved it but in the future you can build a huge square of floor tiles and designate them all for deconstruction, while your dwarves are occupied you can check the jobs manager to see what stockpile jobs pop up.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »

I've abandoned at least five forts because I got so fed up with this. It looks like you solved it but in the future you can build a huge square of floor tiles and designate them all for deconstruction, while your dwarves are occupied you can check the jobs manager to see what stockpile jobs pop up.

Will jobs manager tell you what item they are trying to stockpile?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:53 pm »

Will jobs manager tell you what item they are trying to stockpile?
It will bring up a bring item to stockpile job if you view that job with v it will tell you what the item is.