Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First Forgotten Beast  (Read 1135 times)

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My First Forgotten Beast
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

Hello, I have recently started a new fortress. With The Genesis Mod. After digging down and finding a cavern I was flicking through the creature lists and saw forgotten beast and forgotten beast spearmen! The spear man is hostile!   ::)   What should I do?

I currently have men making crossbows and bolts as well as short sword. Is there any way to capture one of thease beasts. Basicly and help regarding these bad boys would be useful!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: My First Forgotten Beast
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51:57 pm »

seal off the cavern and nod wisely, come back when ready
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

Sorry pal, dealt with it. My guys ran in armed with crossbows and iron short swords. One guy has broken fingers, one bled to death and the other suffocated in his own blood. And yes, I killed it. On the floor next to it was somthing called forgotten beast, but is isnt a creature, nor a corpse. What can be done with it?

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:11:53 pm »

Okay did not go as well as I thought;

My guys fought the other beast,
All dwarf are in bed resting execpt my leader,
Who has a broken spine, and can't move,
The beast we did't kill (a big mite) has sneaked up into the fortress and is on the "prowl".
Hopefully he won't kill our sleeping dwarfs  :P

All Fun.

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »

forgotten beast spearmen!

...Wut. They're bad enough without weapons. here's to hoping it doesn't have -deadly dust!- as well.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:50 pm »

I would bet a pretty penny the hostile forgotten beast spearman wasn't a forgotten beast at all.  They are never marked hostile, instead being marked uninvited guest and they never come with spear training (or training of any kind)  The spearman was a cavern beastman of somekind e.g. caveswallow man, batman, ratman etc. Odds are he'd have fought the beasts for you, turning peaceful if he succeeded.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:22:25 pm »

I would bet a pretty penny the hostile forgotten beast spearman wasn't a forgotten beast at all.  They are never marked hostile, instead being marked uninvited guest and they never come with spear training (or training of any kind)  The spearman was a cavern beastman of somekind e.g. caveswallow man, batman, ratman etc. Odds are he'd have fought the beasts for you, turning peaceful if he succeeded.

They would've fought the FB for their own survival :|

They prolly still would've tried stabbing you :p

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:34:19 pm »

I have two named Reptile Men/Women in my caverns from fighting and killing FBs for me.  So far two of the four FBs have spawned right near the Reptile people, so I'm pretty happy about that.  Although I'll be sad when the first really deadly FB comes along and slaughters them.  (Neither of the ones they killed had deadly syndromes.)  For now they just kind of hang out with some skins and food and not bother anyone.  Their little chunk of land is cut off from the rest of the caverns by the underground lake, so it's like a little Reptilian reservation. 
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:34 am »

Fortress is DEAD, my guy with a broken spine died from hunger (he could not move at ALL).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »

Fortress is DEAD, my guy with a broken spine died from hunger (he could not move at ALL).
Live to the end. Never dead until you're dead :P