Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Online game to play with a ladyfriend  (Read 7110 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Online game to play with a ladyfriend
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:24 am »

I 2nd TF2. It can be a lot of fun if one of you plays a support class.

Engineer + Sniping Class can get interesting, as the all too well known Medi+Assault Class. There are so many interesting ways to play if you can both commit to a plan.

Thirded. Personally, I like playing double spy. Having each other backstab the HM combo at the same time makes it so much more manageable.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »

words
I agree with everything in this post.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »

Kind of late for this, but if you do play Mabinogi you have to watch what the specs are for the game, because sometimes it won't run.
Am I supposed to put something here?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 01:02:53 am »

So Killing Floor is 50% off for the next 40 hours.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 01:06:26 am »

Kind of late for this, but if you do play Mabinogi you have to watch what the specs are for the game, because sometimes it won't run.

That's actually true, it is a little rough on older computers, and even new computers might have heat issues with it, because it's not set up very well to use hardware or very well optimized.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 04:41:16 am »

The Mafia custom game found through starcraft 2 is damn awesome to play with a friend/gf/people who dont even play video games. Just don't cheat (so play in different rooms until one of you dies, don't give away info in on opposite teams or just play one game and discuss who is mafia/ who should be killed/who is lying together
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:06 am »

The Mafia custom game found through starcraft 2 is damn awesome to play with a friend/gf/people who dont even play video games. Just don't cheat (so play in different rooms until one of you dies, don't give away info in on opposite teams or just play one game and discuss who is mafia/ who should be killed/who is lying together

The mafia custom game is the ONLY map I play on SC2, it is pretty fucking boss if I do say so myself,  and sorry for not posting in here earlier, someone bought me KF when it went on sale, she would have but doesn't get paid until next week and it wouldn't be on sale then.  Also Hemminjay from these bay12 forums also offered to buy me KF but he was too late as someone else already had. :)  Thank you anyways HJ.

The reason I haven't posted this sooner is cuz i've been busy playing KF with my ladyfriend. lol,  well right now i'm switching between playing that, and playing PSO2, (she wouldn't even attempt to play PSO2, but it's such a good game)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:42 am »

TF2. Nothing is stronger than the relationship between a heavy, a medic, and optionally a sandvich. :P

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 06:14:42 am »

The mafia custom game is the ONLY map I play on SC2, it is pretty fucking boss if I do say so myself,  and sorry for not posting in here earlier, someone bought me KF when it went on sale, she would have but doesn't get paid until next week and it wouldn't be on sale then.  Also Hemminjay from these bay12 forums also offered to buy me KF but he was too late as someone else already had. :)  Thank you anyways HJ.

The reason I haven't posted this sooner is cuz i've been busy playing KF with my ladyfriend. lol,  well right now i'm switching between playing that, and playing PSO2, (she wouldn't even attempt to play PSO2, but it's such a good game)

Glad to hear more bay12ers are playing sc2 mafia. Sometimes I feel like it is a rare gem that get buried under a pile of iffy custom games and too little appreciation in the gamer community. I too pretty much play on it in lieu of sc (hero attack has its charms as well, I see it as a stoner/casual/lazy person friendly league of legends--dead 15 times? No problem, sneak in and back door ftw!)

It is the only game where trolling is not only universally enjoyable but actually makes for an interesting game with others (e.g. my favorite win is when I was an arsonist, the mafia had a janitor so there was some confusion about which roles were still in the game. Mid-game I randomly call out someone as a serial killer. Before they die (cursing my name) I shout out "executioner win!" town and mafia agree not to lynch me, since it is unproductive to lynch an exeecutioner. I proceed to act super reasonable, and helpful. With my votes, town gets almost all mafia. When mafia tries to kill me, I lol at them killing a night immune executioner. In the end it comes down to the godfather, a mafia (ex-amnesiac), a townie and me. The lynching votes are tied, no one dies, but obviously the mafia will kill the remaining townie for the win. Gf says "good night :)" I say "good night :)

And burn them all.

I've  never seen mafia players from both teams congratulate someone on a win until that day XD
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:22:19 am by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 06:11:43 pm »

I'd throw in a shoutout for Champions Online. Not only can you two make matching costumes and be a team, but you get to ogle her comic-book body.  :P

Plus, for all its various warts, it's still a pretty fun MMO if you're not soloing and quite satisfactory without lots of microtransactions. Most of the premium content in the game is cosmetic anyways (costume bits, flashy travel powers, etc.)

Hell, working out costume designs together could be as much fun as playing the game.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 07:12:00 pm »

Good Recommendation, thank you, I forgot all about that game, I remember reading about it before it came out and wanted to try it once it came out, but then forgot all about it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]