Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Real-life HFS... for honeybees  (Read 4117 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Real-life HFS... for honeybees
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:30 am »

They look big enough that shooting them out of the air is feasible, if your aim is good. Just throwing that out there.

And if your aim isn't good, well, many wasps and hornets can figure out where a thrown stone comes from, but I very much doubt they could do the same for a bullet. Bullets move a lot faster. So you can take as many tries shooting as you like. And if they set down on a branch or something you're golden.

SebbyTheFreak

• Bay Watcher
  • Gold for the Gold God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 11:27:30 am »

They look big enough that shooting them out of the air is feasible, if your aim is good. Just throwing that out there.

And if your aim isn't good, well, many wasps and hornets can figure out where a thrown stone comes from, but I very much doubt they could do the same for a bullet. Bullets move a lot faster. So you can take as many tries shooting as you like. And if they set down on a branch or something you're golden.

Just use a tennis racket.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 01:07:55 am »

or fire, that would be the best way to take down numerous small flying hostiles

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 02:21:45 am »

They actually sell anti-insect devices that resemble tennis rackets.  These have three metal grids, and put a strong electric charge between the middle one and the outer ones.  It's like a bug-zapper you can swing.  I used to have one.

Although I doubt that they would be very effective against a hornet.  You'd hit the bug easily enough, but you'd just make it angry.  Your only hope would be that you could disable a wing, thus making the anger irrelevant.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »

Goggles, chainmail, barbecue lighter, non-stick spray (propane, isobutane and cooking oil!), someone else to hold the can...

Yeah, I think flamethrowers are the way to go.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:58 pm »

None of that stuff is as badass as shooting hornets out of the air though.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 12:29:28 am »

In relation to the handheld bugzappers, just hook them up to a wall socket.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

Cruxador, do you by any chance look like Clint Eastwood? The mental image of Clint Eastwood sitting outside with a revolver taking potshots at giant bees is just too real.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:12 pm »

Although it's against my all-compassionate nature, using a bow and arrows to shoot the hornets, pinning them to a wall sounds pretty fucking fun.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 07:41:44 pm »

Cruxador, do you by any chance look like Clint Eastwood? The mental image of Clint Eastwood sitting outside with a revolver taking potshots at giant bees is just too real.
No, not really. Not any more so than any other guy who wears a hat and doesn't shave too often.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:09 pm »

Those electric bug-zappers/swatters? Where can I get one?

I could use it for long queues, tourists, family-fun-at-christmas, cigarette lighting, freaky-fetish-paddle, a hair frizzer and possibly for bug swatting. Sounds like a great invention. How much are they?
It's a game. Have fun.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 07:43:47 am »

Soapy water is great for killing wasps and other ant related beasties - it blocks thier breathing pores. Tis also cheap and easy to use with a typical garden sprayer.
This is a blank sig.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 08:01:03 am »

Used to be, when I played a JRPG, and the early opponents were giant bees, I thought it stupid, then I read that cracked article and realized Japan actually has giant, man-killing bees.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.
Pages: 1 [2]