Poll

What do u think this was. was it a?

your a badass for picking this
mastake
your a reatard for picking this
something to necro the planepacked thread
a wast of your time

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: um WTF GITCH  (Read 5694 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: um WTF GLITCH
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 06:25:00 am »

...so many people apparently don't have English as their first language, but they really make an effort.  Some of them I wouldn't have even known if they hadn't said something about it.

Funny thing about it. Even though English isn't my first language, there was a time about ...9..? years ago that I had to take extra lessons of Finnish, my first language.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: um WTF GITCH
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 02:04:57 pm »

Someone did make a post on yahoo answers on how to troll these forums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That guys words not mine
Bing(or google trolling bay12)  for yourself.
You should expect stuff like that from Yahoo Answers.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »

...so many people apparently don't have English as their first language, but they really make an effort.  Some of them I wouldn't have even known if they hadn't said something about it.

Funny thing about it. Even though English isn't my first language, there was a time about ...9..? years ago that I had to take extra lessons of Finnish, my first language.

And you think that strange? Point me a person who claims to speak Finnish fluently without making grammar errors (especially with joined words and endings of different words) and I point you a person who is most probably lying...

And for the reference, it's my first language as well. ;D
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 06:31:01 pm »

Someone did make a post on yahoo answers on how to troll these forums:
That guys words not mine
Bing(or google trolling bay12)  for yourself.
You should expect stuff like that from Yahoo Answers.

Yes, but seeing as how someone has at least acknowledged the best way to troll Bay12 forum-goers, wouldn't you expect to see more trolls, on a more regular basis?

Perhaps we're simply not entertaining enough to make it worth their time?

If guranda was actually trolling, not just activating the brag reflex of adolescents, then he could at least put more effort into it. I mean come on, your entire premise of trolling is that you got an item with exceptionally high value? Not even worth it. I myself got a magic missile barrel that was worth a random number through a legitimate bug. Of course, it was equally likely to be a negative number and instantly send nobles into a state of deep, irreproachable depression or make their heads burst like bubbles of sheer joy, if I had been quick enough to realize that I should construct a dyer's shop in my noble's quarters before it ended up in a stockpile containing base quality roasts...
If you intend to troll us, replicate that guy in recent posts of the Kobold Appreciation Conference thread and deny a fantasy game it's fantasy. That man is a god among trolls.

I actually know now how to cause the random value glitch on-demand, and accidentally made a magic missile spear more recently. I had given the material a fixed value in the raws at that point so it wasn't random.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:35 am »

And you think that strange? Point me a person who claims to speak Finnish fluently without making grammar errors (especially with joined words and endings of different words) and I point you a person who is most probably lying...

And for the reference, it's my first language as well. ;D

Guessed by your avatar. Of course, it COULD also be swedish, never can be sure.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:28 am »

Perhaps we're simply not entertaining enough to make it worth their time?

Pretty much.  Threads are merrily derailed and before anyone knows what's happened, it's 3 pages long and a good time is being had by all. 

You know what's interesting, though, is that the one successful trolling method I've seen for this particular forum isn't even mentioned.

DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:23 am »

Is it actually possible to decorate something upto that kind of value, or can you only put a certain decoration onto an object once?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 09:16:34 am »

Is it actually possible to decorate something upto that kind of value, or can you only put a certain decoration onto an object once?
Try 'R'epeating a gem encrust order  :) . Being an artifact, you cannot decorate it by choosing directly,  this one was just a huge mistake as the starter said.

Can this die now? Its over.
Pages: 1 2 [3]