Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Civ Dwarves Fighting Back  (Read 2236 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Civ Dwarves Fighting Back
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 03:52:16 pm »

Are you sure you don't have any stonefall traps?
...or active catapults?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

Is there a quick way to go about that?
Sure. Fire up Dwarf Therapist (which you should already be using) and click on the military tab. Click the Throwing column, and you can resort the list into descending order. Check for any dwarf with 0 or greater skill (0 = dabbling with XP, blank = no skill/XP).

Fin.

I was going to post something much like this. Then I fired up Dwarf Therapist to see exactly what that column is labeled. I discovered that there isn't a Throwing column. Nor a misc. object using column. This is in Dwarf Therapist version 0.6.10 on linux, if it makes a difference.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 04:51:41 pm »

Mine either, but I think you can make a custom layout that shows it, just forgot how to do that.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

Another option is Runesmith.  You can't sort by attribute/skill (That I've found) but you can view it in the right tab, and just scroll down the list of dwarves until you find one with some skill.  Assuming it hasn't rusted away by now...

Hobbie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:04 pm »

I had this happen recently too, didn't notice it at the time but I remember the 'spinning' report. I'll check and see if I can find it.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »

"Spinning" in a combat report can refer to any projectile or trap object, from arrows to steel serrated discs to thrown stones.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
Pages: 1 [2]