Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Preemptive Analysis of Interactions in Adventure Mode  (Read 3066 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: A Preemptive Analysis of Interactions in Adventure Mode
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

UristmcAdventurer pinches UristmcAdventurer in the upper arm! the severed bodypart flys off in an arc! UristmcAdventurer reanimates the severed arm of UristmcAdventurer.

would be funny but would leave you at a slight disadvantage if it were possible to wrestle yourself.

would also have to be scripted well so you cant grab your upper right arm with your lower right arm.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:47:03 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:39 am »

Necromancy...

I wonder if they would bring in the priests back, divine wrath upon those who dare wake the dead!

Looks like wrestling will return to its former glory?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »

Necromancy...

I wonder if they would bring in the priests back, divine wrath upon those who dare wake the dead!

Looks like wrestling will return to its former glory?
If we'll be able to directly rip off zombie limbs, it would be even more glorious.

SongGarde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »

I would imagine that'd be the case, if Toady added a "pull" command to wrestling.

Also, hoping interactions means the ability to trigger breath attacks as well. (Woo, corrosive smoke breath!)

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 09:04:45 pm »

As long as Toady gives us the frame-work, we can do anything thanks to our brave modders (and the exploits of small time programmers trying out random things).

I'm looking forward to two things:

1-Becoming an undead myself to escape death, with the ability to repair lost or damaged limbs and such (be using the arm kindly given to you by that farmer, for example)
2-Managing a small number (such as one) of super-undead that you take care of and mantain in good conditions rather then a horde of chunks (which is fun too, mind you)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 09:44:16 pm »

This thread is punny.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:11 pm »

So in this vein, what if I were to zombify a decapitated dragon head? Do you think it could do its breath attack after I threw it at somebody?

Please note that the token which allows dragons to breathe fire is applied to the entire dragon, not just it's head. It is highly likely, if severed body parts inherit the tokens of their "parents", that an animated dragon foot could breathe fire.
Oh god...
Oh god YES!
Why haven't we seen this before?!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:48 pm »

I would imagine that'd be the case, if Toady added a "pull" command to wrestling.

Also, hoping interactions means the ability to trigger breath attacks as well. (Woo, corrosive smoke breath!)

it would have to be a combination of pulling on the limb and kicking the place where its connected, forcefully ripping it away :D

upper torso for arms and lower torso for legs
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »

I have an awesome idea.
Rip off a dragon's head, and stuff it into people's throats and activate fire breath. Liquifying indeed.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »

also think wrestling needs a neck break ability that needs both hands on the head, tho to make it fair it should be hard to do or easy to break grip on the head

Pages: 1 [2]