Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Preemptive Analysis of Interactions in Adventure Mode  (Read 3139 times)

AlexRose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A Preemptive Analysis of Interactions in Adventure Mode
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:26 am »

It sounds like it'll be very handy.

I am so sorry.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: A Preemptive Analysis of Interactions in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:07:25 pm »

To the pungeon with you!
*Hugs*

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:39 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:40:55 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:13 pm »

On a serious note, I'm hoping it includes Adventurer breath attacks.
Finally, I'll be able to do my cave-in dust sonic shout.

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:39:24 pm »

I really have to give them a hand on this one. I wonder how unnerving it would be to see all those limbs crawling about. At least any adventurer taking advantage of these reactions will be a head and shoulder above the rest.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

Lead_poisoning

• Escaped Lunatic
  • What
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »

Limbs? You're thinking too small, my friend.

Hydra + bladed weapon + necromantic powers = infinite army of undead hydra heads.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 06:30:29 pm »

Limbs? You're thinking too small, my friend.

Hydra + bladed weapon + necromantic powers = infinite army of undead hydra heads.

Sadly, hydra heads don't grow back in dwarf fortress.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »

I think you may be overestimating the usefulness of undead limbs. I have a feeling their movement speed will make them useless unless you summon them during or right before a battle.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 02:46:54 pm »

Except after you finish a battle. You could kill your own undead limb stuff it in your backpack and then drop it and reanimate it next time.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:02 pm »

I think you should be able to pick up live body parts. Then you can place them in your pack, or, better yet - throw them at your enemies.

The live, flying reanimated human hand strikes the goblin crossbowman in the throat, bruising it!
The reanimated human hand latches on firmly!
The reanimated human hand places a chokehold on the goblin crossbowman's throat!

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 06:10:10 pm »

I love how the DF community is always figuring out ways to weaponize something before it is even released.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 12:36:08 am »

I think you should be able to pick up live body parts. Then you can place them in your pack, or, better yet - throw them at your enemies.

The live, flying reanimated human hand strikes the goblin crossbowman in the throat, bruising it!
The reanimated human hand latches on firmly!
The reanimated human hand places a chokehold on the goblin crossbowman's throat!

So in this vein, what if I were to zombify a decapitated dragon head? Do you think it could do its breath attack after I threw it at somebody?

In the same line of thought, what if we killed a were-beast and then zombified THAT? Could the zombified were beast transmit its were-ness on to creatures that you had it attack?

I really want to do that. Just get a zombified were-wolf head and throw it at people to turn THEM into werewolves.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 02:53:42 am »

So in this vein, what if I were to zombify a decapitated dragon head? Do you think it could do its breath attack after I threw it at somebody?

Please note that the token which allows dragons to breathe fire is applied to the entire dragon, not just it's head. It is highly likely, if severed body parts inherit the tokens of their "parents", that an animated dragon foot could breathe fire.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 01:54:55 pm »

Please note that the token which allows dragons to breathe fire is applied to the entire dragon, not just it's head. It is highly likely, if severed body parts inherit the tokens of their "parents", that an animated dragon foot could breathe fire.
And I thought that athlete's foot was bad, try having fire coming out of your toenails. You'd never be able to wear any footwear.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »

And I thought that athlete's foot was bad, try having fire coming out of your toenails. You'd never be able to wear any footwear.

You'd most likely have to scoot around in a titanium wheelchair just to avoid setting everything on fire.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: [1] 2