Poll

Turn 14

Open suggestions please.
- 0 (0%)
No vote for now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: You are a Nanite - Turn 13  (Read 19934 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: You are a Nanite - Turn 13
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2011, 03:59:15 am »

find....consume....evolve....
tyranids emerge from the crackling ground, swarming and killing everyone else in the name of the Hivemind.
Long live the tyranids!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2011, 04:24:03 am »

Necrons continue their slumber, unconcerned with the antics of the mortals. All things will end, but not today...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2011, 04:57:09 am »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2011, 10:08:54 am »

No no no, let the Imperial Guard come in and smash them!

"Release of the Razgriz Xenoresearch Station Heavy Support Team #445 authorized.

If the Inquisition begins to question them, Commander in Charge is to provide documents stating that the Razgriz Xenoresearch Station has orders directly from the Emperor himself, dating from before the Horus Heresy. The Inquisition's authority is overridden by these documents."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:00:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

Yeah, I think this is dead.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:14 am »

Settle down everyone. I realize I didn't do my normal first-post "Please don't spam/bump" request but damn.

I've been utterly swamped, and work/life comes before games.

I have part of the update written but I'm considering some changes in the game so I'll work on it some more today after work.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2011, 02:47:24 am »

we will involve them alots...
Oh, involve alots like this one?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On topic: More X01s!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2011, 11:30:04 am »

Code: [Select]
2. Gather copper and steel and begin creating X01 nano-assemblers.
Turn 14 (Far too long in coming, but hopefully worth it.)

--------------

You instruct the X02 to begin harvesting materials while you put your distributed intelligence to the task of developing an efficient plan for expansion. You co-opt the nanomanufactorum’s limited intelligence and expand your processing capacity. After a lengthy (several nanoseconds) series of computations, your projections indicate that you will not be able to sustain high level cognitive function while directing several X01 assemblers to further increase your forces.

You apply your considerable capacity for logical reasoning as well as the minuscule capacity you’ve developed for creative thinking to this problem and develop the C00 Computorium, a stationary nodal structure designed specifically to house your growing intelligence and supplement your gestalt mind. These nodes will be necessary for the expansion of your Self beyond the limitations of the X00 chassis, which is already being stretched to its upper parameters by the addition of the static charge node and extended logic array. This C00 node will include communications and computational capacity equivalent to five X01 assemblers, and will be capable of directing and controlling a large number of other machines at once.

You modify your expansion plan to include construction of the C00 node to expand your capacity. The C00 will include a dedicated static charge node and will incorporate most of your current X00 chassis equipment as you have no replacement for the sensitive communications gear and specialized command components until time is devoted to researching their design for replication. You also incorporate the input module of the nano-scale laser weapon in the hopes that you can soon build the other components. The X02 will be incorporated into the C00 as a mobile extension of the node and a fail-safe backup/repair unit. You work out every detail of the expansion plan and store it in the Nanomanufactorum which will act as a temporary repository for your consciousness while work is done on the X00 chassis and will control the work.

The plan is transmitted and your consciousness transfers to the nanofac. The X02 staggers a bit as it processes its orders, forgetting for a moment to work its little legs and falling over into a material pile and spilling copper cubes all over the place. It rights itself and scurries over to the X00 chassis to take it offl-

You awaken a short time later. You’re not exactly sure what just happened, you shouldn’t have gone offline with the X00 because you were operating from the nanofac at the time. There must be some critical component in the X00 which allows your consciousness to function normally. A quick diagnostic indicates that you currently reside in a shiny new C00 node and that you have 4 dormant logic arrays at your disposal, with the 5th maintaining your mental faculties. You test your systems and find all of your communication and sensor equipment intact, all systems having been transferred to the C00. The charge node is functional and supplying all the power you need to run the hungry logic arrays, and nothing seems to be amiss. You initiate the logic arrays and your consciousness ex̀pa̷wo̵ahhol͟yshit͘w͝h̷a̸t͜i͡m̴s͠osm͢ar̶t.͟

You were momentarily overwhelmed by the power of your new mind and the speed with which it operates. You can comprehend things that were mysteries to you before, and now you realize that you are inside some kind of massive structure. The steel surface you are on is clearly a structural beam of some kind, and the nearby bundle of wires is a high speed data transfer line. Reviewing your files from the past, you realize that the datasong you sampled over the wires was a coded information stream of remarkable complexity. It is still beyond your ability to decipher or even understand, but you can tell that there are multiple levels of information encoded in the signal and whoever is sending it has technology beyond your understanding. It operates completely differently from your own data transmissions, and it almost seems that part of the transmission is… missing somehow. You don’t really understand what that means, but something seems to be missing.

You engage external systems and your sensors sweep the nearby area. You are somewhat surprised to detect 50 X01 assemblers surrounding you. You poll the nanofac and examine the construction logs and realize that your severed intelligence took your expansion plans a bit too seriously. It constructed 4 additional pylons static charge nodes and built enough X01 assemblers to max out the command abilities of your new C00 specifications as well as several more units which are sitting inactive off to one side for future expansion. The nanofac is still churning out new assemblers, and you order it to cease. It stops operations immediately and you reintegrate the severed intelligence stored in its logic array. Analyzing the memories, it seems that the severed intelligence was traumatized by the sudden shutdown and overcompensated for its loneliness by building lots of ‘friends’. Well, at least you’re set for assemblers now.

What will you do now?

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:43:15 am by forsaken1111 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2011, 11:42:19 am »

Might as well finish the X01, 10 offline units is a nice round number.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »

You have enough general purpose assemblers for a while, time to make some more designs.

- Mobile chemical power plant: This polymer combined with some oxygen seems to have a lot of chemical energy, and this is a lot more scalable and mobile than a static charge node. This unit would have many parallel fuel cells, and storage cambers for both the fuel and the waste CO2, with both legs and gripabe surfaces for eing moved around by other things. 60 power output at max might be a good balance for size.

- arm/grip module: Two very powerful adhesive plates, which can attach and detach at command but takes a while for the bound to get full strength. They can rotate around each other, as well as tilt some 30 degrees relative the axis of rotation. They are to be used in combination with simple vary large rods of variable lengths and material to build large modular structures in realtime: for example, one can attach to an immobile surface and to the end of a rod, then another to the other end of the rod and the end of another rod, then one to the and of that rod wile having the other end free to act as a grip, and BAM you have a crane/giant arm which can move around "stationary" structures or large amounts of material at a time. And you can have these arms branch out from the middle of rods in a treelike fashion, or at as legs to walk along rapidly, and you can make tools or units to put in the end to act as larger scale units, or have it branch then apply pressure to an object from several directions with bars thus acting more like a giant claw/tweezer, etc.

There should probably be a notation for these structures, I suggest:

- we need a large telescope/radar to get a better sense of the environment and where to find more resources.

- Mining worm: a train of several modules; a drill head which dissolves the material in front off it, one which collects the usable material, one which packages it into easy to handle bundles, a drive unit to drive the whole thing forward, and some kind of tube/conveyor to transport it right back to the manufactorium or other collection point

- cargo net: exactly what it sounds like, a net of fibres which can bundle together large amounts of resources for easy transport.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2011, 02:48:33 pm »

I meant suggestions for actions... sorry I wasn't specific. I'll decide what happens you just tell me what we do. 1-2 sentences should be sufficient for anything, such as 'design a better power supply and gripper module'. I do have an overall idea where this is going. :)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2011, 03:12:08 pm »

that was like 6 semi-independent suggestions. Only one of them was long and that was because I had a hard time explaining the concept, and apparently failed. The point of the module is that it can be used for many different things in a specific way that Ican't explain so I have to specify the more exact stucture, because I suck at explanations.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

for some reason I always lose my will to continue these games after you post Armok. It's amazing.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2011, 03:21:19 pm »

-improve sensors

-design a mobile chemical plant

-finish the extra X01

-contemplate why we where built
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]